    Self Proclaimed Expert
    Web Developer
    http://www.jeremymorgan.com

    Jeremy C. Morgan, Dec 28, 2003

  2. In article <>,
    Jeremy C. Morgan <> wrote:

    > I already have some good talent
    > onboard

    So does alt.html

    > Hopefully we can get a decent community going here and share a lot of
    > valuable information.

    alt.html already does

    > :: Jeremy Morgan ::
    > Self Proclaimed Expert
    > Web Developer
    > http://www.xxxxxxx.xxx

    Who isn't? :)

    Audry

    --
    I am not a professional woman.
    tawdry glamour who is at smile global dot com

    T. Audry Glamour, Dec 28, 2003

  3. Jeremy C. Morgan wrote:

    > in a few days, it will be http://www.spamspamspam.com, we are
    > looking for gurus who would be willing to help out answering questions
    > and participating in discussion. I already have some good talent
    > onboard, and we are going to be advertising pretty hard in the next
    > few months, bringing in new users.
    >
    > Hopefully we can get a decent community going here and share a lot of
    > valuable information. Check it out.

    err... so you are using alt.html in an attempt to get help to build
    something to rival alt.html...

    --
    David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk/>

    David Dorward, Dec 28, 2003
  4. Jeremy C. Morgan

    rf Guest

    "Jeremy C. Morgan" <> wrote in message
    > I am looking for webmasters and web developers who want to help out
    > with a new site we are creating:

    So you have said over in, at least, AWW. Do not multipost.

    > http://webfootcentral.jeremymorgan.com

    If this is the sort of stuff you are producing then yes, you do need some
    web developers. Preferably some who frequent alt.html and pay attention to
    the accessibility/usability issues discussed here.

    > Hopefully we can get a decent community going here and share a lot of
    > valuable information. Check it out.

    I thought that is what happens here. Why do we need another one?

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Dec 28, 2003
  5. In article <HyzHb.68013$>, rf says...

    > "Jeremy C. Morgan" <> wrote in message
    > > I am looking for webmasters and web developers who want to help out
    > > with a new site we are creating:

    > > http://webfootcentral.jeremymorgan.com

    > > Hopefully we can get a decent community going here and share a lot of
    > > valuable information. Check it out.

    > I thought that is what happens here. Why do we need another one?

    True, but how many newbies can use (or even know of) Usenet?

    --
    Daniel Ruscoe
    http://www.dualstone.co.uk

    Daniel Ruscoe, Dec 28, 2003

    http://groups.google.com/

    > (or even know of) Usenet?

    How can they know of a particular website?

    --
    David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk/>

    David Dorward, Dec 28, 2003
  7. "rf" <> wrote in message

    > "Jeremy C. Morgan" <> wrote in message
    > > http://webfootcentral.jeremymorgan.com

    > If this is the sort of stuff you are producing then yes, you do need some
    > web developers. Preferably some who frequent alt.html and pay attention to
    > the accessibility/usability issues discussed here.

    To be fair, that's probably an auto-generated forum page. On the other
    hand, if you go to http://www.jeremymorgan.com and have a look at the code,
    you'll still be right. Why he is using tables for fixed-width layout and
    then just pretending to be accessible by sticking some DIVs inside, I have
    no idea.

    --
    Andrew Cameron
    "Got my hand on my heart, I know no better location..."

    Andrew Cameron, Dec 28, 2003
  8. In article <bsmkis$ga2$1$>, David Dorward
    says...
    > Daniel Ruscoe wrote:
    >
    > > True, but how many newbies can use

    > http://groups.google.com/

    But how many would know to search there, rather than just Google, MSN or
    AOL? Not being funny, just an honest question.

    > > (or even know of) Usenet?

    > How can they know of a particular website?

    Search engines, online promotion, flyers to local user groups, business
    cards, links, word of mouth.

    --
    Daniel Ruscoe
    http://www.dualstone.co.uk

    Daniel Ruscoe, Dec 28, 2003
  9. Daniel Ruscoe wrote:

    >> http://groups.google.com/

    > But how many would know to search there, rather than just Google, MSN or
    > AOL? Not being funny, just an honest question.

    Anyone who is curious enough to click on the "groups" link on just about any
    google page.

    Anyone who asks someone more knowledgable about the Internet.

    --
    David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk/>

    David Dorward, Dec 28, 2003
  10. In article <bsn0jd$mfv$1$>, David Dorward
    says...
    > Daniel Ruscoe wrote:
    >
    > >> http://groups.google.com/

    > > But how many would know to search there, rather than just Google, MSN or
    > > AOL? Not being funny, just an honest question.

    > Anyone who is curious enough to click on the "groups" link on just about any
    > google page.

    Fair point, if they're using Google.

    > Anyone who asks someone more knowledgable about the Internet.

    Then it's down to that person's preference. They might suggest Google
    Groups.

    Usenet posts have been getting archived by forums lately, so a normal
    Google search might pull something up.

    --
    Daniel Ruscoe
    http://www.dualstone.co.uk

    Daniel Ruscoe, Dec 28, 2003
  11. On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 13:00:55 +0000 (UTC), Daniel Ruscoe
    <> wrote:

    [...]

    >True, but how many newbies can use (or even know of) Usenet?

    Too many!

    Nick

    --
    Nick Theodorakis

    nicholas_theodorakis [at] urmc [dot] rochester [dot] edu

    Nick Theodorakis, Dec 28, 2003
  12. Jeremy C. Morgan

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Jeremy C. Morgan scribbled in the mud:

    > I am looking for webmasters and web developers who want to help out
    > with a new site we are creating:
    >
    > in a few days, it will be http://wipkip.biz, we are
    > looking for gurus who would be willing to help out answering questions
    > and participating in discussion. I already have some good talent
    > onboard, and we are going to be advertising pretty hard in the next
    > few months, bringing in new users.
    >
    > Hopefully we can get a decent community going here and share a lot of
    > valuable information. Check it out.

    Hay many times you going to post this? Is this the only way you can
    advertise your URL?

    --
    Duende
    The best defense against logic is ignorance.

    Duende, Dec 29, 2003
  13. On 29 Dec 2003 01:58:37 GMT, Duende <> wrote:

    >While sitting in a puddle Jeremy C. Morgan scribbled in the mud:
    >
    >> I am looking for webmasters and web developers who want to help out
    >> with a new site we are creating:
    >>
    >> in a few days, it will be http://wipkip.biz, we are
    >> looking for gurus who would be willing to help out answering questions
    >> and participating in discussion. I already have some good talent
    >> onboard, and we are going to be advertising pretty hard in the next
    >> few months, bringing in new users.
    >>
    >> Hopefully we can get a decent community going here and share a lot of
    >> valuable information. Check it out.
    >>

    >Hay many times you going to post this? Is this the only way you can
    >advertise your URL?

    yeah, yeah, call me a spammer. How original. Actually, my newsreader
    is screwing up. I figured I would ask in here for anyone thats willing
    to help, and if you'd like, I could post some of the sites I have paid
    advertisements on right now.

    :: Jeremy Morgan ::
    Self Proclaimed Expert
    Web Developer