    A flexible CSS/XHTML file also could help.

    Thank you,
    Max
    gmax2006, Jul 17, 2006

  2. gmax2006

    Andy Dingley Guest

    gmax2006 wrote:

    > Is there any 3 column and 2 column CSS layout generator application
    > that automatically generates the base line code for my site?

    I hope not. This is such a bad idea that it practically amounts to an
    abuse of CSS.

    The idea behind CSS (at least a major part of it) is that your HTML can
    become extremely simple, merely the content and a minimal skeleton. The
    "generated code" problem is no longer there, simply because CSS sites
    don't need the huge bulk of page-specific <table> code that pre-CSS
    sites needed. You keep the same CSS, you keep almost the same HTML.
    Making new HTML pages is just a very simple cut-and-paste job, not a
    complicated generation.

    Don't look for generators, look for CSS examples. You can find some at
    glish.com
    Andy Dingley, Jul 18, 2006