Looking to hire a developer

Joe Fallon

My company is looking to hire an ASP.Net developer.
We have many Fortune 500 clients.

The candidate must be willing to work in our Red Bank, NJ office.

Desired skill set includes the usual list of technologies:
ASP.Net
VB.Net
Rocky Lhotka's CSLA Framework
SQL Server
Oracle

Architectural experience and Proj Mgmnt are huge plusses.

Send me a private email if interested.
Thanks.

Stu

What type of salary range would you be looking to offer?
Are you sold solely on a VB.Net programmer vs. a C# developer?

I'm curious as to what employers in this area are willing to pay for
this level of skill, tis all...

Joe Fallon

I do not set those ranges.
I assume the pay is commensurate with skill and experience.

I am trying to help in recruiting eligible candidates.
I can do a quick review and forward resumes.

The deal breaker is the candidate has to work in Red Bank, NJ.
Don't bother submitting anything if you can't.

We are a VB.Net shop. But anyone who knows C# can easily make the
transition.
That is not a deal breaker.

Juan T. Llibre

I only have to take care of not getting any garbage sent here.

Get it ?

That is, unless you believe you have the right
to throw unneeded garbage at everyone here.

Get it ?

Why should thousands of subscribers to these newsgroup
have to learn that *you* sent an email to apply for a job,
when the sender *specifically* requested private emails ?

Get a grip on reality.

Frankie

Part of Juan's life is looking after this group and ensuring that posts
more-or-less stay on topic (which is ASP.NET).

Thanks Juan! Keep up the good work!

-F

Kevin Spencer

why don't you take care of your life?

I think you just blew the job offer...

--

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP

Bruno Piovan

what is the problem in sending a message letting him know I sent an
email????

what about people who says "thank you" when you post a solution?

Why didn't he sent me a *private* email telling "don't do that..." ? I would
just answer "ok, I won't" and right now this thread would not have......

got it???

now lets stop this children thing and if somebody else whants to say
anything just use the private email ok???

have a nice day!

Kevin Spencer said:
why don't you take care of your life?

got it?

I think you just blew the job offer...

--

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
.Net Developer
Ambiguity has a certain quality to it.

Bob Lehmann

what is the problem in sending a message letting him know I sent an
email????
Wouldn't the email that you sent him have already tipped him off that you
sent him an email?

Are you one of those who sends an intra-office email and then goes to the
person's desk to tell them you sent an email?

Unless you are using Lotus Notes, that's just silly.

Bob Lehmann

Jon

haha nice

Bob Lehmann said:
email????
Wouldn't the email that you sent him have already tipped him off that you
sent him an email?

Are you one of those who sends an intra-office email and then goes to the
person's desk to tell them you sent an email?

Unless you are using Lotus Notes, that's just silly.

Bob Lehmann

Kevin Spencer

what is the problem in sending a message letting him know I sent an
email????

In a public, topic-oriented, support newsgroup, it's not professional. In a
sense, it tells the potential employer something about your knowledge level,
not something positive. As to what is the problem with it, I don't have a
problem with it, and I did not take issue with it. However, I couldn't help
but notice your reaction to the correction, which was defensive. This
re-inforces the impression of the part of the potential employer, reading
the newsgroup, including the impression that you are not teachable, that you
can not take correction. A simple "oops" would have de-fused the situation,
and smoothed any impression on the part of the potential employer. The
continuing defensiveness adds nails of a new sort to the coffin.

Remember Dan Rather?

An employer worth his/her salt looks at a number of points of information,
the least of which is your resume. Your resume is an introduction, and may
or may not contain factual information (like a letter from a Nigerian con
man posing as a lawyer). It can not be taken at face value. The information
in it must be confirmed or denied by a number of methods, not the least of
which is the interview.

During the interview, a good employer looks not only at the things you say
(similar to a resume), but at how your say them, and how you behave. By the
time of the interview, he/she has already checked out the references in your
resume, to the extent that they can be checked out, and is looking at you,
the person. A job is a personal relationship. Like a woman considering a
marriage proposal, the employer is trying to figure out how well you will
get along.

This thread has become a form of public interview. As it is public, it has
enabled the potential employer to observe your behavior. Had you not made it
public, you could have avoided the impression altogether. In fact, your
first response to the posted message should have been made privately.

So, I made the observation that you may have blown the job offer. If you can
receive this, you may be able to prevent similar situations from occurring
in the future.

Private communication in a personal relationship is a wonderful thing. And
less communication is often better.

--
HTH,