looking to use graphics, can't find any thing

Chris

It's becoming clear

I am using Bloodshed Dev-C++ and have tried to use WinBGIm, but I can't
find any documentation for it, let alone the proper libraries. Can
anyone give me a link?

or

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the Borland 4.0 compiler?

or, better yet

Can anyone reccomend an alternative to bgi programming? I've come to
find out that it is a pretty outdated way of doing things.

Thanks for any help!
-Chris

Victor Bazarov

Chris said:
It's becoming clear

I am using Bloodshed Dev-C++ and have tried to use WinBGIm, but I
can't find any documentation for it, let alone the proper libraries.
Can anyone give me a link?

or

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the Borland 4.0 compiler?

or, better yet

Can anyone reccomend an alternative to bgi programming? I've come to
find out that it is a pretty outdated way of doing things.

Graphics are _always_ platform-specific, and as such are _always_
better discussed in a *platform* newsgroup. If you talk Borland 4.0,
then you're probably on Windows. Try comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.

JustBoo

Thanks for any help!

There are friendly helpful people in the newsgroups below:

comp.graphics.algorithms
comp.graphics.api.opengl

"The first function of a bureaucracy is to keep
intact the bureaucracy."

Gernot Frisch

Graphics are _always_ platform-specific, and as such are _always_
better discussed in a *platform* newsgroup. If you talk Borland
4.0,
then you're probably on Windows. Try comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.

Petzold got 2nd place on a programming competition, where 4 "windows"
should produce different output. One window should "draw" circles of
random size.
He used plain C and wrote o and O in random intervals -> graphics are
not _always_ platform specific - if you're OK with 2nd place ;)
-Gernot