Lookup like function

Andy G

I have a page that is used for the user to edit their information on file.
I need to lookup all of their info using their ID. Do I use a lookup
function on each text box/drop down list or should I run a stored procedure.
Is there just a functiont that I can lookup a specific piece of information
and set it equal to txtMyTextBox.Text? I just need someone to point me in
the right direction.

Thanks

fd123456

Hi Andy,

You should try and clarify your question, which is very difficult to
understand.
edit their information on file : you mean in a database? If yes, which one?
I need to lookup all of their info using their ID : do you mean that the user provides their ID and then you fetch the corresponding data from the db/file, and display that data on screen?
Do I use a lookup function on each text box/drop down list : do you mean FOR each text box, etc?
or should I run a stored procedure : do you mean "shall I use as many db fetches as there are fields or rather fetch them all at once using something like... mmhhh... dunno, let's call that a DataSet?
Is there just a functiont that I can lookup a specific piece of information
and set it equal to txtMyTextBox.Text? : do you mean exactly the contrary, i.e. set txtMyTextBox.Text to a specific piece of information you would lookup?

Giving a lot more info (like what language you're using, what
database, some context for your program...) would help us set you in
the right direction.

HTH,

Michel

Andy G

I came to a conclusion myself. But thank you very much for the smart A**
coments Michel, I'm sure you feel good about yourself now.

fd123456 said:
Hi Andy,

You should try and clarify your question, which is very difficult to
understand.
one?
user provides their ID and then you fetch the corresponding data from the
db/file, and display that data on screen?
FOR each text box, etc?
fetches as there are fields or rather fetch them all at once using something
like... mmhhh... dunno, let's call that a DataSet?contrary, i.e. set txtMyTextBox.Text to a specific piece of information you
would lookup?

fd123456

Well, next time, don't even ask...

Michel