Looooong text is breaking my table.

FFMG

Hi,

I am displaying a report in a two columns table, (500px and 200px).
The second col, (200px), displays a url.
But sometimes the url is longer than 200px and the columns is wider
than 200px.

Because I can have more than one table on the page the display appears
broken.
So I would rather the url be forcefully wrapped to the next line rather
than breaking my display.

Would that be possible?

How can I do that?

Thanks

FFMG

--

'webmaster forum' (http://www.httppoint.com) | 'Free Blogs'
(http://www.journalhome.com/) | 'webmaster Directory'

Blinky said:
Hi. Dump the clunky web gateway to Usenet newsgroups, get a real news
client, and subscribe to this newsgroup the right way.

and that will help wrap the link?

Jim Moe

FFMG said:
I am displaying a report in a two columns table, (500px and 200px).
The second col, (200px), displays a url.
But sometimes the url is longer than 200px and the columns is wider
than 200px.
1. Wrap the URL in a <div>, set the div's property: "overflow: hidden".
2. Server-side processing: Break the line wherever you want.

FFMG

Jim said:
1. Wrap the URL in a <div>, set the div's property: "overflow:
hidden".
2. Server-side processing: Break the line wherever you want.

I think I will do the second option.
I will use the <wbr> trick that seems to work with a lot of the
browsers.

Thanks

FFMG

--

'webmaster forum' (http://www.httppoint.com) | 'Free Blogs'
(http://www.journalhome.com/) | 'webmaster Directory'
(http://www.webhostshunter.com/)
'Recreation Vehicle insurance'
(http://www.insurance-owl.com/other/car_rec.php) | 'Free URL
redirection service' (http://urlkick.com/)

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 06 Aug 2007 23:30:43 GMT
G scribed:
and that will help wrap the link?

It might help to get the help to wrap the link.

Jim Moe

FFMG said:
I think I will do the second option.
I will use the <wbr> trick that seems to work with a lot of the
browsers.
<wbr> is not server-side processing.
<wbr> is a non-standard element. Which makes me wonder if your pages
have been validated...