loop filter in vhdl

jalaram

hi everybody,
loop filter transfer function is Y(z)/X(z) = (b0 + b1 z-1)/(1-z-1).
plesae send any procedure how to write vhdl code for this transfer
function, if u have similar vhdl code or algorithm , send me as soon as
possible.

mk

hi everybody,
loop filter transfer function is Y(z)/X(z) = (b0 + b1 z-1)/(1-z-1).
plesae send any procedure how to write vhdl code for this transfer
function, if u have similar vhdl code or algorithm , send me as soon as
possible.

This transfer function is in Z domain. You need to convert it to time
domain to filter your time domain input ie you need a difference
equation in the form of y(t) = Sum(ai*y(t-i)) + Sum(bi*x(t-i)). You
should be able to figure out ai and bi series of constants from your
original equation (and studying your text book). After that you need a
set of registers and some combinational logic to convert the time
domain equation to vhdl.