loop until two doubles differ by 0.00001

yogi_bear_79

I am working on divide-and-average lab. I everything done excep the
syntax for the loop. The loop should run replaceing x with the resutls
of (x + a/x )/2 until x, and (x + a/x )/2 differ by no more than a
given amout, for example 0.00001. I've tried various ideas, the
closest I came was while(x - divavg(a, x) != 0), which more or les
sworked. It stoppend the loop when x = (x + a/x )/2, but I'm not sure
that exactly meets the goal.

hurcan solter

I am working on divide-and-average lab. I everything done excep the
syntax for the loop. The loop should run replaceing x with the resutls
of (x + a/x )/2 until x, and (x + a/x )/2 differ by no more than a
given amout, for example 0.00001. I've tried various ideas, the
closest I came was while(x - divavg(a, x) != 0), which more or les
sworked. It stoppend the loop when x = (x + a/x )/2, but I'm not sure
that exactly meets the goal.

something like,

fabs(x-divavg(a,x)) < 0.00001;

and make it a function

yogi_bear_79

something like,

 fabs(x-divavg(a,x)) < 0.00001;

and make it a function

Thanks, while(fabs(x-divavg(a, x)) > 0.00001) works fine, except it
stops one short, I've also tried a do/while same results, any syntax I
am missing so I don't have to put one more cout statement outside the
loop to catch the last iteration.