    end

    It's not working and i've also tried answer3= .upcase and such. Thanks
    in advance for the help.
    Scott Andrechek, Jun 28, 2009

  2. On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 8:56 PM, Scott
    Andrechek<> wrote:
    > Hi. I'm new to ruby and i am trying to get a while not loop to occur if
    > the answer i got from gets wasn't capatalized. This is what i have now:
    >
    > while not answer3.upcase
    > =C2=A0puts "WHAT!"
    > =C2=A0answer3=3Dgets
    > end
    >
    > It's not working and i've also tried answer3=3D .upcase and such. Thanks
    > in advance for the help.

    The String#upcase method returns a string which is equal to the string
    it is called on with all the letters converted to upper case. If you
    want to check that a string has no lowercase letters, you could use
    "answer3 =3D=3D answer3.upcase" as your condition. If you want to check
    that a string is capitalized (which is slightly different), "answer3
    =3D=3D answer3.capitalize" is more likely to be what you want.
    Christopher Dicely, Jun 28, 2009

  3. Scott Andrechek, Jun 28, 2009
  4. Hi,

    Am Sonntag, 28. Jun 2009, 13:50:21 +0900 schrieb Christopher Dicely:
    > On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 8:56 PM, Scott
    > Andrechek<> wrote:
    > >
    > > while not answer3.upcase
    > > =A0...
    > > end
    > >

    >=20
    > The String#upcase method returns a string [...].
    > "answer3 =3D=3D answer3.upcase"

    Untested:

    class String
    def is_upper?