looping through link rel tags in header

Guest

Hi

I need to extend the contents of the src element of the <link rel> css tags
in the <head> section of my masterpage.

From code, how can I access the <link elements within the <head> ?

Cheers

Dan

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Dan,

Just set the link element's id and runat attribute:

<link id="header1" runat="server" />

and you can access it in code:

header1.Attributes.Add("rel", "Stylesheet");
header1.Attributes.Add("type", "text/css");
header1.Attributes.Add("href", "Default2.css");

Sincerely,
Microsoft Online Community Support

promptly.

Walter Wang [MSFT]

If you need to change the link element of the master page from a content
page, you can use following steps:

1) Create a public function in the master page to change the link's
attributes
2) If the markup of the content page, add following:

<%@ MasterType VirtualPath="~/MasterPage.master" %>

3) In the content page's code, use this.Master to access the method.

Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Dan,

This is just a quick note to check the status of this post. Would you
please reply here to let me know if above suggestion helped? Thanks.

Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Dan,

It's ok. I'm glad the suggestion worked.

Have a nice day!

Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support