Looping through table data on form.submit

Hi Guys..

i know this might sound really really simple, but I'm kinda stuck..I
have this form..which has a table (created from stored procedure
values)..once the table is populated..i have some radio buttons (for
each row of the table) and a main submit button.

On clicking submit..i want to loop through the table..pick up the
first <TD> being the user ID and the value of the radio button clicked
(currently I have my radio button ID set as UserID_0, UserID_1 ..
etc). And pass those into a stored procedure..

Any help would be great...thanks!

Cheers,
Gravity.

Evertjan.

g wrote on 29 mei 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
i know this might sound really really simple, but I'm kinda stuck..I
have this form..which has a table (created from stored procedure
values)..once the table is populated..i have some radio buttons (for
each row of the table) and a main submit button.

Do you mean a html table in a form?

If so. what is serverside [ASP] about it?
On clicking submit..i want to loop through the table..pick up the
first <TD> being the user ID and the value of the radio button clicked
(currently I have my radio button ID set as UserID_0, UserID_1 ..
etc). And pass those into a stored procedure..

Yes Your Q seems a browser thing,
ASP knowing nothing about html forms, tables and radio butttons.

How to use the DOM programmatically is more something
for a clientside javascript NG, like comp.language.javascript.

Or do you want to know what to do on the srver with the submitted data?

Well lets put it this way, I have an ASP page..it loads up..reads data
from a database/ executed stored procedure..runs its loops on it..and
created an HTML table full of data. This HTML table also has a bunch
of radio buttons at the end.

The user selects 1 radio button on each row..and clicks a button
called Submit. On the button Submit..I call form.submit on it (unless
there's something better)...the action of the form (that holds the
table) is post and it appends &Update=1 in the URL..and reloads the
form.

On this reload..i check if I'm getting Update=1, if I am..then I want
to read all the values of the TD's and put them in a database
(including what they chose in the radio button).

Does this make sense? I believe this is something that I need to
trigger on client side and complete on server side.

Thanks a bunch for your help.

[...]

Gravity wrote on 29 mei 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

[Please do not toppost on usenet !!!!!!!!!!]
Do you mean a html table in a form?
If so. what is serverside [ASP] about it?
Or do you want to know what to do on the srver with the submitted
data?
Does this make sense? I believe this is something that I need to
trigger on client side and complete on server side.

No it does not really.
Well lets put it this way, I have an ASP page..it loads up..reads data
from a database/ executed stored procedure..runs its loops on it..and
created an HTML table full of data. This HTML table also has a bunch
of radio buttons at the end.

I hope you sensibly named all the to-be-posted fields,
be it input/text or input/radio. Whether they are put in a html table or
submission capacities of a form.

ASP loops can easily do that.

Do you have a Q about this part?
[Please add a strippped version of your ASP code if so]
The user selects 1 radio button on each row..and clicks a button
called Submit. On the button Submit..I call form.submit on it (unless
there's something better)...the action of the form (that holds the
table) is post and it appends &Update=1 in the URL..

This seemed to be the clientside code you asked about and for which this
NG is not the right place.
and reloads the form.

Reloads the "page"?
[A form is a clientside html element]
On this reload..i check if I'm getting Update=1, if I am..then I want
to read all the values of the TD's and put them in a database
(including what they chose in the radio button).

You do not need the Update=1, as ASP can easily see if the page request
includes POST/request.form() [or even GET/request.querystring()] data.

Simple serverside ASP work, you have a Q about this?
[...]

No..I think I'm okay..I'll try it out and see if I can get it to
work!

Thanks!