Looping thru asp.net controls in opener page

tshad

I was trying to do this in Javascript but found I can't do spans (which is
what Labels turn into).

I can do a loop thru a control list something like:

Public Sub LoopingControls(ByVal oControl As Control)

Dim frmCtrl As Control

oArrayList = New ArrayList

For each frmCtrl in oControl.Controls

If TypeOf frmCtrl Is TextBox Then

oArrayList.Add(New UtilityObj(frmCtrl.ID, directcast(frmCtrl,
TextBox).Text))

End If

If frmCtrl.HasControls Then

LoopingControls(frmCtrl)

End If

Next

End Sub

But I also want to do this on the opener page for a preview page. How would
I call this using the control list from my opener page?

Thanks,

Tom

bruce barker

you can't with server code, only with javascript. what you are trying to
do with javascript is trivial. please read a few browser dom docs.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)