loosing data on first web page when reloaded.

Paul

Hi I have 2 webforms, webform 1 and webform 2. Webform 2 is opened with the
selection of a hyperlink on webform 1. I have webform 1 automatically reload
when webform to is closed via a close button on webform2. The problem is
that several of the controls on webform 1 have data that the user has entered
and when they open and close webform 2 the controls are cleared on webform 1
when it reloads. Just wondering if there is a way to save the data in the
controls when the hyperlink is selected that opens webform 2? Many of the
controls on webform 1 have autopostback set to false to reduce uneccessary
postbacks.
Thanks Paul.

Munna

Hi

"I have webform 1 automatically reload
when webform to is closed via a close button on webform2"

did you written any javascript code to do that your your page
automatically do that...?

"Just wondering if there is a way to save the data in the
controls when the hyperlink is selected that opens webform 2?"

you can use Ajax for that... when onclick on the hyperlink
call a javascript method and save your required data to the server's
session...

Best of luck

Munna
www.munna.shatkotha.com
www.munna.shatkotha.com/blog
www.shatkotha.com

Paul

Hi, thanks for the response.

did you written any javascript code to do that your your page
automatically do that...?
Yes just a simple javascript for the onclick event of the close button.

you can use Ajax for that... when onclick on the hyperlink
call a javascript method and save your required data to the server's
session...
I do have the Ajax development kit on my machine, do you know what ajax
control it (if it is one) is or is there an example anywhere, thanks Paul.