Loosing Session Variable in ASP.NET

Robert Berezka

hi!

I am working on a ASP.NET project. My problem with the session vaiable is:

Localy on my client computer, where I develope my ASP.Net application,
Everything runs fine.

When I transfer the hole project to the windows 2003 server (IIS6 is running
on it) and start the web-application

(on the local browser on the web server) it runs fine, too.

Outside on the internet it works also fine, only in the company

network (intranet) the application is getting crazy with the session
variables. It is losing its value!

I hope you find some time for me, to answer my question.

Thank you

Sicearly, Robert

--
Röhrer Int. Speditions- und Transport
Gesellschaft m.b.H.

Mark Fitzpatrick

Sessions depend upon cookies being sent to the browser. It could be that
there is something that is blocking the cookies, or it could be a corporate
policy set for the browsers to not accept cookies. You may have to resort to
cookieless connections.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

Fred Nelson

Mark:

I have also found that I can "loose" session variables if the URL is
changed. For example if the user accesses:

http://myserver/myapp

and for some reason you redirect them to another URL - such as an IP address

http://123.12.1.123/myapp

You will also loose your session variables.

This also can happen if you place the web page in a frame and don't allow
the application to change the URL - took me a day to figure that one out!

Hope that helps!

Good Luck!