Loosing Session Variable in ASP.NET

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Robert Berezka, Feb 25, 2004.

  1. hi!

    I am working on a ASP.NET project. My problem with the session vaiable is:

    Localy on my client computer, where I develope my ASP.Net application,
    Everything runs fine.

    When I transfer the hole project to the windows 2003 server (IIS6 is running
    on it) and start the web-application

    (on the local browser on the web server) it runs fine, too.

    Outside on the internet it works also fine, only in the company

    network (intranet) the application is getting crazy with the session
    variables. It is losing its value!

    I hope you find some time for me, to answer my question.

    Thank you

    Sicearly, Robert

    --
    Röhrer Int. Speditions- und Transport
    Gesellschaft m.b.H.

    Robert Berezka, Feb 25, 2004

  2. Sessions depend upon cookies being sent to the browser. It could be that
    there is something that is blocking the cookies, or it could be a corporate
    policy set for the browsers to not accept cookies. You may have to resort to
    cookieless connections.

    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick
    Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

    Mark Fitzpatrick, Feb 25, 2004

  3. Robert Berezka

    Fred Nelson Guest

    Mark:

    I have also found that I can "loose" session variables if the URL is
    changed. For example if the user accesses:

    http://myserver/myapp

    and for some reason you redirect them to another URL - such as an IP address

    http://123.12.1.123/myapp

    You will also loose your session variables.

    This also can happen if you place the web page in a frame and don't allow
    the application to change the URL - took me a day to figure that one out!

    Hope that helps!

    Good Luck!

    Fred Nelson, Feb 25, 2004