losing CGI variables in os.environ in Python 2.4

Discussion in 'Python' started by jtauber, Jan 8, 2005.

  1. jtauber

    jtauber Guest

    Did something change between 2.3 and 2.4 that would affect os.environ
    being populated with CGI variables when using the
    BaseHTTPServer/CGIHTTPServer?

    I received a bug report from someone trying to run my wiki/blog
    software, Leonardo[1] under Python 2.4 on Windows 2000. I was able to
    reproduce the problem under Python 2.4 on Windows XP Pro but confirmed
    that it worked fine under Python 2.3.

    Simply printing out os.environ at the point things like PATH_INFO are
    extracted by Leonardo revealed that os.environ contained no CGI-related
    variables when run under Python 2.4 but did contain them under 2.3

    I can't see in the code for the http server modules that anything
    changed in this area. Am I missing something?

    Thanks in advance.
    James Tauber
    http://jtauber.com/blog/

    [1] http://jtauber.com/leonardo