Losing HTTP connections over time

Ian L

Hi,
Im making repeated asynchronous calls (up to 100,000) to a web service
from a windows service, in a loop. I have increased the ServicePoint's
connection limit to 30 and this works really well, opening 30 http
connections and using them, until, when it has around 3000 to go, it
starts to reach the end of the batch at which point the connections
slowly start to drop off (slowing the progression) until for the last
200 calls it only uses one connection. The batch completes but the
rate slows tremendously towards the end. Even if the batch is only
10,000 the connections to the web service drop off at the 3000 point.

Can anyone tell me what is going on here and if there is a way I can
keep the high concurrent connections going right tillhte end of the
batch?

Thanks,

Ian