Losing InProc Session State: repost from two weeks ago

Keith-Earl

This is an update of an unresolved issue.

Windows 2000 Server
IIS 5.0
..NET Framework 1.1

Problem: Every time I press REFRESH in IE I get a new ASP Session ID. This
problem only experienced on Produciton server. Simple ASP.NET web forms app
runs fine on DEV and five other test platforms (XP, W2K).

I even removed the framework and reinstalled.

What else can I do? I have over two years experience with .NET and W2K.
Never lost session state. Have already checked anti-virus hitting
Global.asax, no luck. Even ran NT FileMon to check for file access
success/failure. No help.

Is my server simply hosed? Time to rebuild? Shall I use StateServer or
does that open a whole new can of worms?

Many thanks,

Keith

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

start by outputing the message box of the session id on each page load.
Also, hook up your session end event to write to a static variable which can
be programmatically read from a web page by the application later. the
static variable will tell you if session end is being called. Pair that with
the results from the session id after you have read this:
http://www.developersdex.com/gurus/articles/746.asp