Losing Session Info

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by BubbaThree, Nov 28, 2005.

  1. BubbaThree

    BubbaThree Guest

    I started having these problems last Monday, I believe but I am not sure that
    our
    corporate office deployed some security patches???

    First of all, when a go to my Web Application (written in ASP.NET 7.1.3088
    on .Net framework 1.1.4322 sp1) the IE address bar has
    http://localhost/Projects/(zpthtrn2armpusfzos2fnh45)/Default.aspx ; the stuff
    in parenthesis was not there before Monday., The stuff in parenthesis
    changes each time I start a new session.

    My other problem, occurs when I use the application, If I press a button
    that does a Server.Transfer everything appears to work, but when I use anchor
    links <a href=???> I get an error message saying:

    Session state can only be used when enableSessionState is set to true,
    either in a configuration file or in the Page directive

    I have session state enabled in the Web.config file and in the page header.
    I appears as if I start a new session.

    Any ideas?

    BubbaThree, Nov 28, 2005

  2. BubbaThree wrote:
    > I started having these problems last Monday, I believe but I am not
    > sure that our
    > corporate office deployed some security patches???
    >
    > First of all, when a go to my Web Application (written in ASP.NET
    > 7.1.3088 on .Net framework 1.1.4322 sp1)

    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Nov 28, 2005

  3. "BubbaThree" <> wrote in message
    >I started having these problems last Monday, I believe but I am not sure
    >that
    > our
    > corporate office deployed some security patches???
    >
    > First of all, when a go to my Web Application (written in ASP.NET 7.1.3088
    > on .Net framework 1.1.4322 sp1) the IE address bar has
    > http://localhost/Projects/(zpthtrn2armpusfzos2fnh45)/Default.aspx ; the
    > stuff
    > in parenthesis was not there before Monday., The stuff in parenthesis
    > changes each time I start a new session.

    > My other problem, occurs when I use the application, If I press a button
    > that does a Server.Transfer everything appears to work, but when I use
    > anchor
    > links <a href=???> I get an error message saying:
    >
    > Session state can only be used when enableSessionState is set to true,
    > either in a configuration file or in the Page directive

    > I have session state enabled in the Web.config file and in the page
    > header.
    > I appears as if I start a new session.

    Somebody changed the web.Config file and it looks like cookieless sessions
    have been enabled. If this is so, in addition, you might think that sessions
    are still enabled, but your configuration has changed.
    Check that first.
    ps: web.Config files can be changed on a virtual directory base. Make sure
    that your base web.Config file is OK and that you not per accident,
    overwrite settings in child config files.

    Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\), Nov 28, 2005