Losing Session Info

BubbaThree

I started having these problems last Monday, I believe but I am not sure that
our
corporate office deployed some security patches???

First of all, when a go to my Web Application (written in ASP.NET 7.1.3088
on .Net framework 1.1.4322 sp1) the IE address bar has
http://localhost/Projects/(zpthtrn2armpusfzos2fnh45)/Default.aspx ; the stuff
in parenthesis was not there before Monday., The stuff in parenthesis
changes each time I start a new session.

My other problem, occurs when I use the application, If I press a button
that does a Server.Transfer everything appears to work, but when I use anchor
links <a href=???> I get an error message saying:

Session state can only be used when enableSessionState is set to true,
either in a configuration file or in the Page directive

I have session state enabled in the Web.config file and in the page header.
I appears as if I start a new session.

Any ideas?

Bob Barrows [MVP]

BubbaThree said:
I started having these problems last Monday, I believe but I am not
sure that our
corporate office deployed some security patches???

First of all, when a go to my Web Application (written in ASP.NET
7.1.3088 on .Net framework 1.1.4322 sp1)

Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)

BubbaThree said:
[...]

Somebody changed the web.Config file and it looks like cookieless sessions
have been enabled. If this is so, in addition, you might think that sessions
are still enabled, but your configuration has changed.
Check that first.
ps: web.Config files can be changed on a virtual directory base. Make sure
that your base web.Config file is OK and that you not per accident,
overwrite settings in child config files.