Losing Session Variables?

vivek

Do any of you guys have any idea what might be the reason for losing session
variables, i was working on a page where i had to stroe a array in a
session(trust me that was the only 'way' i could imagine doing it), and i am
losing the session variable, its just returning empty values...does any one
has any ideas?

Bob Barrows

vivek said:
Do any of you guys have any idea what might be the reason for losing
session variables, i was working on a page where i had to stroe a
array in a session(trust me that was the only 'way' i could imagine
doing it), and i am losing the session variable, its just returning
empty values...does any one has any ideas?

Please show us how to reproduce the problem.

Ray at

Session timeout?

Are you setting them in site/dir1 and then they don't exist in site/dir2,
yet if you go back to site/dir1, they are there again? If so, remove the
application from dir2 in IIS manager for your site.

Ray at work

vivek

Actually i am trying to access them in the same directory and the session
timeout shouldnt be an issue at all. Do you think the low system memory is
doing this?

Ray at

Don't know. Give me a VPN connection or ship your server to me, or provide
more info. Are cookies enabled?

Ray at work

Dave Anderson

vivek said:
Do any of you guys have any idea what might be the reason for
losing session variables, i was working on a page where i had
to stroe a array in a session(trust me that was the only 'way'
i could imagine doing it), and i am losing the session variable,
its just returning empty values...does any one

My guess: You only lose sessions if the browser is IE. Correct?
http://aspfaq.com/2157

--
Dave Anderson

vivek

never mind, fixed the problem. twas a problem with IIS setting. thanks all

Vivek

p.s: saved some money on shipping costs ;-)