Losing Session?

James

Session("UserName") is set when someone logs in. Get to a page that
displays a record where you can type a comment. The form has an onSubmit
event that calls a javascript function. That function sets a javascript
variable called beenChecked = true and then calls a PopUp window to spell
check the comment. When it's done spell checking, it calls the submit
method on the form tag of the opening window. The method evaluates that
it's "beenChecked" and submits.

For some reason, I'm losing all of my session variables using this approach.
Within the pop-up window and the original page, the session variable is
never altered explicitly. The page posts to the next page, which evaluates
the Session("UserName") variable, and it's blank.

What's causing me to lose my Session variables?

Thanks,
James

James

N/m...stupid spell checking program called Session.Abandon instead of
explicitly killing its own session variables.

Bullschmidt

Don't know if this has anything to do with it but I had problems where
session variables on my development PC were only being retained within
each folder but not across folders.

For example a session variable set in one folder could not be read in
another folder.

What solved the problem was in IIS going to the folders in question and
doing:
Right-click | Properties | In the Application Settings area to the right
of Application Name click on the Remove button even though the
Application Name box was already blank.

And I did NOT need to do this:
IIS | Default Web Site | Stop and then Start

Best regards,
http://www.Bullschmidt.com