    What's causing me to lose my Session variables?

    Thanks,
    James

    James, Jun 30, 2005

  2. James

    James Guest

    N/m...stupid spell checking program called Session.Abandon instead of
    explicitly killing its own session variables.

    "James" <> wrote in message
    > Session("UserName") is set when someone logs in. Get to a page that
    > displays a record where you can type a comment. The form has an onSubmit
    > event that calls a javascript function. That function sets a javascript
    > variable called beenChecked = true and then calls a PopUp window to spell
    > check the comment. When it's done spell checking, it calls the submit
    > method on the form tag of the opening window. The method evaluates that
    > it's "beenChecked" and submits.
    >
    > For some reason, I'm losing all of my session variables using this

    approach.
    > Within the pop-up window and the original page, the session variable is
    > never altered explicitly. The page posts to the next page, which

    evaluates

    James, Jun 30, 2005

  3. James

    Bullschmidt Guest

    Don't know if this has anything to do with it but I had problems where
    session variables on my development PC were only being retained within
    each folder but not across folders.

    For example a session variable set in one folder could not be read in
    another folder.

    What solved the problem was in IIS going to the folders in question and
    doing:
    Right-click | Properties | In the Application Settings area to the right
    of Application Name click on the Remove button even though the
    Application Name box was already blank.

    And I did NOT need to do this:
    IIS | Default Web Site | Stop and then Start

    Best regards,
    http://www.Bullschmidt.com

    Bullschmidt, Jul 5, 2005