loss of session when using mode=stateserver

Seth Broomer

I am losing my session state for some reason randomly and i don't know why
i store just simple things like an id for the user, and their username, etc.
maybe 10 items per user
it happens about every 5 min.

in my web.config file i have
<sessionstate
mode="StateServer"
stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.9.9.1:42424"
sqlConnectionSTring="data source=127...."
cookieless="false"
timeout="45"
/>

any ideas?
thanks
seth

rss

Check out the stateNetworkTimeout sessionState attribute. This allows you
to specify the timeout [in seconds] that the TCP/IP connection can be idle
before dropping the session. Just a thought, but it sounds like a
possibility given your symptoms.

-rss