Lost ability to use membership system

Tony Girgenti

Hello.

Developing a VS2005, SP1, VB, .NET 2.0, ASP.NET 2.0, WSE 3.0 web site to
consume web service with SQL Server Express 2005.

It was working excellent with the logins, passwords, roles and access rules.
All membership controls were put onto forms without using all the default
settings.

Something happened where it won't let me login with the same usernames and
passwords i've been using for weeks. I didn't add extra coding behind the
controls.

I tried deleteing the database from the solution, deleting the physical file
from the App_Data folder, deleting the database from the SQL Server
Management Studio Express, restarting the server express, deleting the files
in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files,
deleting all temporary, internet, cookies, defragged and restarted my
computer.

Opened ASP.NET Configuration and created a new username and passowrd. Yet,
when i try to login, it gives me the Failure text for the Login control:
"Your login attempt was not successful. Please try again."

It allows me to create a new user with the Signup control, but then when i
try to login with the new username and password, i get the same problem.

No errors, just can't login.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what could be wrong? I can't figure this
out.

Thanks,
Tony

Tony Girgenti

Sorry. "All membership controls were put onto forms *with* all the default
settings"