Lost ability to use membership system

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Tony Girgenti, Apr 8, 2007.

  1. Hello.

    Developing a VS2005, SP1, VB, .NET 2.0, ASP.NET 2.0, WSE 3.0 web site to
    consume web service with SQL Server Express 2005.

    It was working excellent with the logins, passwords, roles and access rules.
    All membership controls were put onto forms without using all the default
    settings.

    Something happened where it won't let me login with the same usernames and
    passwords i've been using for weeks. I didn't add extra coding behind the
    controls.

    I tried deleteing the database from the solution, deleting the physical file
    from the App_Data folder, deleting the database from the SQL Server
    Management Studio Express, restarting the server express, deleting the files
    in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files,
    deleting all temporary, internet, cookies, defragged and restarted my
    computer.

    Opened ASP.NET Configuration and created a new username and passowrd. Yet,
    when i try to login, it gives me the Failure text for the Login control:
    "Your login attempt was not successful. Please try again."

    It allows me to create a new user with the Signup control, but then when i
    try to login with the new username and password, i get the same problem.

    No errors, just can't login.

    Does anybody have any ideas as to what could be wrong? I can't figure this
    out.

    Thanks,
    Tony

    Tony Girgenti, Apr 8, 2007

  2. Sorry. "All membership controls were put onto forms *with* all the default
    settings"

    Thanks,
    Tony

    Tony Girgenti, Apr 8, 2007

  3. Just to let anybody know, i read this and it gave me the idea to delete the
    login control then add it back. That fixed my problem.

    http://groups.google.com/group/micr...lnk=gst&q=membership&rnum=76#75468c72c2a3198e

    Tony Girgenti, Apr 10, 2007