Lost connection during query

Joe Linke

I am running Apache Tomcat 4.1.24 under Linux and MySql 3.23 database
server using Mark Matthew's MySQL JDBC driver version 2.0.4.
I wrote a web application using struts framework and everything works
fine until the server idles for a longer time (like overnight).
Then the first access to the database via a servlet throws the
following SQLException:

Lost connection to server during query

It only disappears when I restart Tomcat.

Any idea why it is so?

Thanks.

Joe Linke

Jayaram

I am running Apache Tomcat 4.1.24 under Linux and MySql 3.23 database
server using Mark Matthew's MySQL JDBC driver version 2.0.4.
I wrote a web application using struts framework and everything works
fine until the server idles for a longer time (like overnight).
Then the first access to the database via a servlet throws the
following SQLException:

Lost connection to server during query

It only disappears when I restart Tomcat.

Any idea why it is so?

Is your database being restarted every night ?