    Have just changed all my style classes from 'verdana' to 'verdana,
    hevetica, arial, sans serif'
    and now can't see any of my pages in design view only the code. Help!
    Newbie, Jul 23, 2006

  2. Newbie

    Els Guest

    Newbie wrote:

    > Have just changed all my style classes from 'verdana' to 'verdana,
    > hevetica, arial, sans serif'
    > and now can't see any of my pages in design view only the code. Help!

    You probably forgot a ; somewhere?
    Have you tried validating your stylesheet?
    BTW - it should be helvetica with an 'l' in it, and sans-serif with a
    hyphen in it.

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    Els, Jul 23, 2006

  3. Newbie

    Newbie Guest

    Thanks

    Have just checked two of my other local sites and none are showing the
    design view! It must be to do with Dreamweaver not the site... any
    ideas???

    Newbie, Jul 23, 2006
  4. Newbie

    Els Guest

    Newbie wrote:

    > Thanks

    Could you please write your reply below the stuff you're replying to?
    Reads so much easier from top to bottom :)

    > Have just checked two of my other local sites and none are showing the
    > design view! It must be to do with Dreamweaver not the site... any
    > ideas???

    Nope, sorry. Never touched Dreamweaver :)

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    Els, Jul 23, 2006
  5. Newbie

    code_wrong Guest

    "Newbie" <> wrote in message
    > Have just changed all my style classes from 'verdana' to 'verdana,
    > hevetica, arial, sans serif'
    > and now can't see any of my pages in design view only the code. Help!

    have you looked in the view menu? ..
    code_wrong, Jul 23, 2006
  6. Newbie

    jojo Guest

    Newbie schrieb:
    > Thanks
    >
    > Have just checked two of my other local sites and none are showing the
    > design view! It must be to do with Dreamweaver not the site... any
    > ideas???
    >
    > Els wrote:
    >
    >> Newbie wrote:
    >>
    >>> Have just changed all my style classes from 'verdana' to 'verdana,
    >>> hevetica, arial, sans serif'
    >>> and now can't see any of my pages in design view only the code. Help!

    >> You probably forgot a ; somewhere?
    >> Have you tried validating your stylesheet?
    >> BTW - it should be helvetica with an 'l' in it, and sans-serif with a
    >> hyphen in it.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Els http://locusmeus.com/

    Try to post to macromedia.dreamweaver. I guess the people there can help
    you much better...
    jojo, Jul 23, 2006
  7. Newbie

    Newbie Guest

    code_wrong wrote:

    > "Newbie" <> wrote in message
    > > Have just changed all my style classes from 'verdana' to 'verdana,
    > > hevetica, arial, sans serif'
    > > and now can't see any of my pages in design view only the code. Help!

    > have you looked in the view menu? ..

    I've got it back.. suddenly... don't know how! But many thanks for your
    suggestions.

    Anne
    Newbie, Jul 23, 2006
  8. Newbie

    Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, "Newbie" <>
    vouchsafed:

    >> > Have just changed all my style classes from 'verdana' to 'verdana,
    >> > hevetica, arial, sans serif'
    >> > and now can't see any of my pages in design view only the code. Help!

    >> have you looked in the view menu? ..

    > I've got it back.. suddenly... don't know how! But many thanks for your
    > suggestions.

    Relying on d/w is a bad way to start out learning how to make web pages.
    As an aid it may have some moderate value but the real fruit is reaped by
    hand-markup.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity has its limits.
    Neredbojias, Jul 23, 2006
  9. Newbie

    jojo Guest

    Neredbojias wrote:

    >>> have you looked in the view menu? ..

    >> I've got it back.. suddenly... don't know how! But many thanks for your
    >> suggestions.

    > Relying on d/w is a bad way to start out learning how to make web pages.
    > As an aid it may have some moderate value but the real fruit is reaped by
    > hand-markup.

    I, too, use DW. But I've never (or almost never) used the "design view".
    I just use it because it can autocomplete tags, close them
    automatically, ... So it is just to save time.
    I know many WYSIWYG editors can do this, too, but I got Dreamweaver so
    why shouldn't I use it?
    And DW it can edit external Stylesheets automatically if you change the
    style of any element, can handle includes, has got a FTP client, the
    possibility to create & use Templates...
    So you might use DW, but do not rely on the code it writes if you use
    the "design view" without ever checking and correcting the code. So
    especially if you are a Newbie in HTML you should learn some coding. Can
    use DW, but write the code yourself.
    jojo, Jul 23, 2006
  10. Newbie

    jojo Guest

    jojo schrieb:

    >>> I've got it back.. suddenly... don't know how! But many thanks for your
    >>> suggestions.

    >> Relying on d/w is a bad way to start out learning how to make web
    >> pages. As an aid it may have some moderate value but the real fruit
    >> is reaped by hand-markup.

    > I, too, use DW. But I've never (or almost never) used the "design view".
    > I just use it because it can autocomplete tags, close them

    ^^ Dreamweaver, not the "design view, sorry, a bit unclear
    jojo, Jul 23, 2006
  11. Newbie

    Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, jojo <>
    vouchsafed:

    >>> I've got it back.. suddenly... don't know how! But many thanks for
    >>> your suggestions.

    >> Relying on d/w is a bad way to start out learning how to make web
    >> pages. As an aid it may have some moderate value but the real fruit
    >> is reaped by hand-markup.

    > I, too, use DW. But I've never (or almost never) used the "design
    > view". I just use it because it can autocomplete tags, close them
    > automatically, ... So it is just to save time.
    > I know many WYSIWYG editors can do this, too, but I got Dreamweaver so
    > why shouldn't I use it?
    > And DW it can edit external Stylesheets automatically if you change
    > the style of any element, can handle includes, has got a FTP client,
    > the possibility to create & use Templates...
    > So you might use DW, but do not rely on the code it writes if you use
    > the "design view" without ever checking and correcting the code. So
    > especially if you are a Newbie in HTML you should learn some coding.
    > Can use DW, but write the code yourself.

    You remind me of dorayme. Be ye Australian or just verbose?

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity has its limits.
    Neredbojias, Jul 24, 2006
  12. Newbie

    jojo Guest

    Neredbojias wrote:

    >>> Relying on d/w is a bad way to start out learning how to make web
    >>> pages. As an aid it may have some moderate value but the real fruit
    >>> is reaped by hand-markup.

    >> I, too, use DW. But I've never (or almost never) used the "design
    >> view". I just use it because it can autocomplete tags, close them
    >> automatically, ... So it is just to save time.
    >> I know many WYSIWYG editors can do this, too, but I got Dreamweaver so
    >> why shouldn't I use it?
    >> And DW it can edit external Stylesheets automatically if you change
    >> the style of any element, can handle includes, has got a FTP client,
    >> the possibility to create & use Templates...
    >> So you might use DW, but do not rely on the code it writes if you use
    >> the "design view" without ever checking and correcting the code. So
    >> especially if you are a Newbie in HTML you should learn some coding.
    >> Can use DW, but write the code yourself.

    > You remind me of dorayme. Be ye Australian or just verbose?

    No, not Australian, just German... But yes, I like talking... Can talk
    hours about every nonsense...
    jojo, Jul 24, 2006
  13. Newbie

    Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, jojo <> vouchsafed:

    >>> I, too, use DW. But I've never (or almost never) used the "design
    >>> view". I just use it because it can autocomplete tags, close them
    >>> automatically, ... So it is just to save time.
    >>> I know many WYSIWYG editors can do this, too, but I got Dreamweaver so
    >>> why shouldn't I use it?
    >>> And DW it can edit external Stylesheets automatically if you change
    >>> the style of any element, can handle includes, has got a FTP client,
    >>> the possibility to create & use Templates...
    >>> So you might use DW, but do not rely on the code it writes if you use
    >>> the "design view" without ever checking and correcting the code. So
    >>> especially if you are a Newbie in HTML you should learn some coding.
    >>> Can use DW, but write the code yourself.

    >> You remind me of dorayme. Be ye Australian or just verbose?

    > No, not Australian, just German... But yes, I like talking... Can talk
    > hours about every nonsense...

    Wie gehts! Some years ago I was in Germany working on some super-size
    digital video. As a system, it was the best. As a commercial product,
    well... Anyway, I think the most important thing about markup is to have
    fun with it. It should work, of course, but it should satisfy _you_, the
    pagemaker. If it doesn't do that, it's worthless no matter how standards-
    proper it is.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity has its limits.