Lost 'design view' in dreamweaver

Newbie

Have just changed all my style classes from 'verdana' to 'verdana,
hevetica, arial, sans serif'
and now can't see any of my pages in design view only the code. Help!

Els

Newbie said:
Have just changed all my style classes from 'verdana' to 'verdana,
hevetica, arial, sans serif'
and now can't see any of my pages in design view only the code. Help!

You probably forgot a ; somewhere?
Have you tried validating your stylesheet?
BTW - it should be helvetica with an 'l' in it, and sans-serif with a
hyphen in it.

Newbie

Thanks

Have just checked two of my other local sites and none are showing the
design view! It must be to do with Dreamweaver not the site... any
ideas???

Els

Newbie said:

Could you please write your reply below the stuff you're replying to?
Reads so much easier from top to bottom :)
Have just checked two of my other local sites and none are showing the
design view! It must be to do with Dreamweaver not the site... any
ideas???

Nope, sorry. Never touched Dreamweaver :)

code_wrong

Newbie said:
Have just changed all my style classes from 'verdana' to 'verdana,
hevetica, arial, sans serif'
and now can't see any of my pages in design view only the code. Help!

have you looked in the view menu? ..

jojo

Newbie said:
Thanks

Have just checked two of my other local sites and none are showing the
design view! It must be to do with Dreamweaver not the site... any
ideas???

Try to post to macromedia.dreamweaver. I guess the people there can help
you much better...

Neredbojias

I've got it back.. suddenly... don't know how! But many thanks for your
suggestions.

Relying on d/w is a bad way to start out learning how to make web pages.
As an aid it may have some moderate value but the real fruit is reaped by
hand-markup.

jojo

Neredbojias said:
Relying on d/w is a bad way to start out learning how to make web pages.
As an aid it may have some moderate value but the real fruit is reaped by
hand-markup.

I, too, use DW. But I've never (or almost never) used the "design view".
I just use it because it can autocomplete tags, close them
automatically, ... So it is just to save time.
I know many WYSIWYG editors can do this, too, but I got Dreamweaver so
why shouldn't I use it?
And DW it can edit external Stylesheets automatically if you change the
style of any element, can handle includes, has got a FTP client, the
possibility to create & use Templates...
So you might use DW, but do not rely on the code it writes if you use
the "design view" without ever checking and correcting the code. So
especially if you are a Newbie in HTML you should learn some coding. Can
use DW, but write the code yourself.

jojo

jojo said:
I, too, use DW. But I've never (or almost never) used the "design view".
I just use it because it can autocomplete tags, close them
^^ Dreamweaver, not the "design view, sorry, a bit unclear

Neredbojias

I, too, use DW. But I've never (or almost never) used the "design
view". I just use it because it can autocomplete tags, close them
automatically, ... So it is just to save time.
I know many WYSIWYG editors can do this, too, but I got Dreamweaver so
why shouldn't I use it?
And DW it can edit external Stylesheets automatically if you change
the style of any element, can handle includes, has got a FTP client,
the possibility to create & use Templates...
So you might use DW, but do not rely on the code it writes if you use
the "design view" without ever checking and correcting the code. So
especially if you are a Newbie in HTML you should learn some coding.
Can use DW, but write the code yourself.

You remind me of dorayme. Be ye Australian or just verbose?

jojo

Neredbojias said:
You remind me of dorayme. Be ye Australian or just verbose?

No, not Australian, just German... But yes, I like talking... Can talk
hours about every nonsense...

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind said:
No, not Australian, just German... But yes, I like talking... Can talk
hours about every nonsense...

Wie gehts! Some years ago I was in Germany working on some super-size
digital video. As a system, it was the best. As a commercial product,
well... Anyway, I think the most important thing about markup is to have
fun with it. It should work, of course, but it should satisfy _you_, the
pagemaker. If it doesn't do that, it's worthless no matter how standards-
proper it is.