Lost in Black-jack

Son Tung Nguyen Trong

Vào 20:27:42 UTC+7 Thứ bảy, ngày 15 tháng mÆ°á»i hai năm 2012, Chris Angelico đã viết:
You have some code there. Can you be more specific as to the stuckness

you're experiencing? Does the program not do what it ought to do?

Throw an exception? Work perfectly, but not have all the features you

want it to have?

ChrisA

Actually I'm following jan grant and lost in implement get_rank method()

Chris Angelico

Vào 20:27:42 UTC+7 Thứ bảy, ngày 15 tháng mÆ°á»i hai năm 2012, Chris Angelico đã viết:

Actually I'm following jan grant and lost in implement get_rank method()

Two pieces of advice.

Step 1: Assume we know nothing of the course you're taking.

Step 2: Instead of making vague statements of "lost", say exactly what
you're having trouble with. We're not here to do your homework for
you. Ask a specific question (or ask about a specific topic, eg "I
don't understand how to X") and we'll happily answer. The goal of the
course is for you to gain competence, not for us to write code for
you, so ask questions with that in mind.

Step 3: For extra points, get yourself off Google Groups. Some of the
best responders here have a policy of dropping all posts from Google
Groups users, partly because of some stupidities in the interface that
result in double-spaced posts such as the above. You can subscribe to
python-list and read it all as email, or get a real newsreader, but
Google Groups is one of the quickest ways to restrict your potential
thought to the quoted text (trim it, and un-double-space it), and also
to the To: field - by default, it seems to send to both the newsgroup
and the list, which is unnecessary.

Another "extra credit" tip. Have a read of
http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html and be sure you
understand what it's saying. This isn't necessary for getting a
response, but it sure will help.

ChrisA