Lost in Black-jack

Discussion in 'Python' started by Son Tung Nguyen Trong, Dec 15, 2012.

  1. I'm stuck in Phase 1- Get_value method and deal_card in Back-jack project and the course in Coursea as well :(. I just returned and working on it, this is what I've done so far. Can you guys help me? I really wanna accomplish this course.

    http://www.codeskulptor.org/#user7-xlgwHlbg4O-0.py

    Son Tung Nguyen Trong, Dec 15, 2012

  2. Vào 20:27:42 UTC+7 Thứ bảy, ngày 15 tháng mÆ°á»i hai năm 2012, Chris Angelico đã viết:
    > On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 11:47 PM, Son Tung Nguyen Trong
    >
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > I'm stuck in Phase 1- Get_value method and deal_card in Back-jack project and the course in Coursea as well :(. I just returned and working on it,this is what I've done so far. Can you guys help me? I really wanna accomplish this course.

    > > http://www.codeskulptor.org/#user7-xlgwHlbg4O-0.py

    > You have some code there. Can you be more specific as to the stuckness
    >
    > you're experiencing? Does the program not do what it ought to do?
    >
    > Throw an exception? Work perfectly, but not have all the features you
    >
    > want it to have?
    >

    > ChrisA

    Actually I'm following jan grant and lost in implement get_rank method()

    Son Tung Nguyen Trong, Dec 15, 2012

  3. Vào 20:27:42 UTC+7 Thứ bảy, ngày 15 tháng mÆ°á»i hai năm 2012, Chris Angelico đã viết:

    Son Tung Nguyen Trong, Dec 15, 2012
  4. On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 1:42 AM, Son Tung Nguyen Trong
    <> wrote:
    > Vào 20:27:42 UTC+7 Thứ bảy, ngày 15 tháng mÆ°á»i hai năm 2012, Chris Angelico đã viết:
    >> On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 11:47 PM, Son Tung Nguyen Trong
    >>
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> > I'm stuck in Phase 1- Get_value method and deal_card in Back-jack project and the course in Coursea as well :(. I just returned and working on it, this is what I've done so far. Can you guys help me? I really wanna accomplish this course.

    >> > http://www.codeskulptor.org/#user7-xlgwHlbg4O-0.py

    >> You have some code there. Can you be more specific as to the stuckness
    >>
    >> you're experiencing? Does the program not do what it ought to do?
    >>
    >> Throw an exception? Work perfectly, but not have all the features you
    >>
    >> want it to have?
    >>

    >> ChrisA

    > Actually I'm following jan grant and lost in implement get_rank method()

    Two pieces of advice.

    Step 1: Assume we know nothing of the course you're taking.

    Step 2: Instead of making vague statements of "lost", say exactly what
    you're having trouble with. We're not here to do your homework for
    you. Ask a specific question (or ask about a specific topic, eg "I
    don't understand how to X") and we'll happily answer. The goal of the
    course is for you to gain competence, not for us to write code for
    you, so ask questions with that in mind.

    Step 3: For extra points, get yourself off Google Groups. Some of the
    best responders here have a policy of dropping all posts from Google
    Groups users, partly because of some stupidities in the interface that
    result in double-spaced posts such as the above. You can subscribe to
    python-list and read it all as email, or get a real newsreader, but
    Google Groups is one of the quickest ways to restrict your potential
    thought to the quoted text (trim it, and un-double-space it), and also
    to the To: field - by default, it seems to send to both the newsgroup
    and the list, which is unnecessary.

    Another "extra credit" tip. Have a read of
    http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html and be sure you
    understand what it's saying. This isn't necessary for getting a
    response, but it sure will help.

    ChrisA

    Chris Angelico, Dec 15, 2012