    I posted several messages here yesterday but all seem to have been
    lost. Is there a way to recover it?

    Thanks
    Jess, Apr 26, 2007

  2. Jess

    Ian Collins Guest

    Jess wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I posted several messages here yesterday but all seem to have been
    > lost. Is there a way to recover it?

    There weren't, they were a source of annoyance! Google appears to have
    been broken.

    The best way to recover is to use a decent news service!

    --
    Ian Collins.
    Ian Collins, Apr 26, 2007

  3. Jess

    GeekBoy Guest

    "Ian Collins" <> wrote in message
    > Jess wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I posted several messages here yesterday but all seem to have been
    >> lost. Is there a way to recover it?
    >>

    > There weren't, they were a source of annoyance! Google appears to have
    > been broken.
    >
    > The best way to recover is to use a decent news service!

    Must have been using Google.
    There have been no updates in over 48 hours.

    GeekBoy, Apr 26, 2007
  4. Jess

    Jess Guest

    On Apr 26, 5:12 pm, "GeekBoy" <> wrote:
    > "Ian Collins" <> wrote in message

    > > Jess wrote:
    > >> Hello,

    > >> I posted several messages here yesterday but all seem to have been
    > >> lost. Is there a way to recover it?

    > > There weren't, they were a source of annoyance! Google appears to have
    > > been broken.

    > > The best way to recover is to use a decent news service!

    > Must have been using Google.
    > There have been no updates in over 48 hours.

    Yes, I've been using Google, is there any alternative to it? I can't
    find any other way to post/read messages to/from this news group.
    Jess, Apr 26, 2007
  5. Jess wrote:
    > On Apr 26, 5:12 pm, "GeekBoy" <> wrote:
    >> "Ian Collins" <> wrote in message

    >>> There weren't, they were a source of annoyance! Google appears to
    >>> have been broken.

    >>> The best way to recover is to use a decent news service!

    >> Must have been using Google.
    >> There have been no updates in over 48 hours.

    > Yes, I've been using Google, is there any alternative to it? I can't
    > find any other way to post/read messages to/from this news group.

    REALLY? Have you even heard of Usenet? You know, it existed waaaay
    before "WWWeb" came along. There are plenty of servers available,
    you just need to find one suitable for you (it might even be your
    ISP's news server, check with them). You will need to use some (other
    than the web browser) software to read/post to newsgroups, but that's
    how it's been done for _decades_.

    Just google for it :)

    Victor Bazarov, Apr 26, 2007
  6. Jess

    Mumia W. Guest

    On 04/26/2007 08:22 AM, Jess wrote:

    > Yes, I've been using Google, is there any alternative to it? I can't
    > find any other way to post/read messages to/from this news group.

    Go to the newsgroup alt.free.newsservers .

    You'll also need a newsreader such as Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.com/

    While there are a lot of news-servers that let you read usenet for free,
    most require payment if you want to post to usenet.

    Check with your ISP to see if they give you usenet newsgroup access. If
    not, check the free news-servers. Also search yahoo:
    http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=free newsservers

    If you can't find a free news-server that allows posting as well as
    reading, and your ISP doesn't give you usenet, prepare to spend some
    money (about $5 to $15 per year).
    Mumia W., Apr 26, 2007