lost messages?

Jess

Hello,

I posted several messages here yesterday but all seem to have been
lost. Is there a way to recover it?

Thanks

Ian Collins

Jess said:
Hello,

I posted several messages here yesterday but all seem to have been
lost. Is there a way to recover it?
There weren't, they were a source of annoyance! Google appears to have
been broken.

The best way to recover is to use a decent news service!

GeekBoy

Ian Collins said:
There weren't, they were a source of annoyance! Google appears to have
been broken.

The best way to recover is to use a decent news service!

Must have been using Google.
There have been no updates in over 48 hours.

Jess

Must have been using Google.
There have been no updates in over 48 hours.

Yes, I've been using Google, is there any alternative to it? I can't
find any other way to post/read messages to/from this news group.

Victor Bazarov

Jess said:
Yes, I've been using Google, is there any alternative to it? I can't
find any other way to post/read messages to/from this news group.

REALLY? Have you even heard of Usenet? You know, it existed waaaay
before "WWWeb" came along. There are plenty of servers available,
you just need to find one suitable for you (it might even be your
ISP's news server, check with them). You will need to use some (other
than the web browser) software to read/post to newsgroups, but that's
how it's been done for _decades_.

Just google for it :)

Mumia W.

Yes, I've been using Google, is there any alternative to it? I can't
find any other way to post/read messages to/from this news group.

Go to the newsgroup alt.free.newsservers .

You'll also need a newsreader such as Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.com/

While there are a lot of news-servers that let you read usenet for free,
most require payment if you want to post to usenet.

Check with your ISP to see if they give you usenet newsgroup access. If
not, check the free news-servers. Also search yahoo:
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=free+newsservers

If you can't find a free news-server that allows posting as well as
reading, and your ISP doesn't give you usenet, prepare to spend some
money (about $5 to $15 per year).