    second aspx page is called through the applet.

    thanks,
    Ramendra

    =?Utf-8?B?cmFtZW5kcmE=?=, Dec 20, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?cmFtZW5kcmE=?=

    Spam Catcher Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?cmFtZW5kcmE=?=" <> wrote in
    news::

    > Now, tell me if there is a way to retain the old session variables
    > when the second aspx page is called through the applet.

    What kind of applet are you using? Java? .NET Winforms?

    Is the applet requesting the page using a built in HTTP client? If it is,
    then it won't have access to the browser's session cache. Or, does the
    applet raise an event which the browser handles?

    --
    Stan Kee ()

    Spam Catcher, Dec 20, 2005

  3. I am calling the page from the applet using the appletcontext.showdocument
    method. I feel some how a new session is created when i call the page through
    the applet and therefore unable to access the session variables.

    thanks, Ramendra

    =?Utf-8?B?cmFtZW5kcmE=?=, Dec 20, 2005
  4. I'm facing the same problem, finally resorted to use database and generate a
    unique key for that specific task, and passing that to .net through
    querystring parameters.

    One thing I know is that this did work with 1.1, but as soon as I moved my
    project to 2.0, any applets or applications (outside of the browser, ie media
    player), when they access the .net pages through an url, it'll be under
    another session (another being the request header does not contain the
    session id), and it won't be in the same session as the one in the
    originating webpage, hence any session variables will be null.

    Let me know if there's a solution to this session problem>

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24gQ2h1?=, Jan 18, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?cmFtZW5kcmE=?=

    pfageras

    Joined: