Lot of File Descriptors opening while calling database [jdbc] in solaris

dnayal

Hi All

We have a Java program which is creating a JDBC connection to Oracle
database just once, but then hits 5-6 different tables and runs
different resultsets. Even though I am closing all the jdbc resultsets
and the connection the file descriptors still do not close and the
program opens as much as 250 FDs on running the program just once.

Due to this problem the file descriptors reach the maximum FD limit and
we are forced to reboot the webserver in production every two days. We
are using SunOS 5.9.

Can anybody please let me know when does Solaris open the file
descriptors in JDBC calls? As in, I know that FDs are created when a
new JDBC connection is made, but are FDs also created when resultset
are called?

Need help

Thanks
DN