Lots of warnings after installing ruby185-21 one-click installer on WinXP

NuclearFusion

Hi,

I installed this version of Ruby. When I invoke either fxri or FreeRide
I get a lot of warnings on the command prompt which is openend during
the start of one of these programs.

One example:
C:/Program
Files/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxruby-1.2.6-mswin32/ext/fox12/fox12.so:
warning:
already initialized constant ID_MOVE_DOWN
Other messages are similar.

Is this a normal behavior and can these messages be ignored, or is
something wrong with my installation?

Thanks
N.F.

Jan Svitok

Hi,

I installed this version of Ruby. When I invoke either fxri or FreeRide
I get a lot of warnings on the command prompt which is openend during
the start of one of these programs.

One example:
C:/Program
Files/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxruby-1.2.6-mswin32/ext/fox12/fox12.so:
warning:
already initialized constant ID_MOVE_DOWN
Other messages are similar.

Is this a normal behavior and can these messages be ignored, or is
something wrong with my installation?

This was discussed before, IIRC fox extension is loaded twice and the
warnings can be safely ignored. For more details see archives (look
for freeride, fox or scintilla)

Lyle Johnson

I installed this version of Ruby. When I invoke either fxri or FreeRide
I get a lot of warnings on the command prompt which is openend during
the start of one of these programs.

One example:
C:/Program
Files/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxruby-1.2.6-mswin32/ext/fox12/fox12.so:
warning:
already initialized constant ID_MOVE_DOWN
Other messages are similar.

Is this a normal behavior and can these messages be ignored, or is
something wrong with my installation?

This is a known bug in Ruby 1.8.5, described here:

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=5701&group_id=426&atid=1698

Hope this helps,

Lyle