LPAD, XML and base64

Discussion in 'XML' started by woody.hagar@gmail.com, May 16, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi everyone,

    I am querying a couple of LDAP servers and retreving the data in an
    XML format (-X), but I am running into a problem, and I am not sure how
    to proceed. In XML, some of the attributes are in encoded ("base64")
    while their counterparts in the standard out LDIF file is not
    encoded...

    So what gives? Why is LDIF decoded and not the XML? I have the same
    flags (the implied -B for the xml produces no change) for both
    ldapsearch, take a look:

    ->ldapsearch -u -h host -p 389 -s "subtree" -b "o=mybase" -X
    "(objectclass=person)" > test_data.xml

    sample result:
    <attr name="title">
    <value encoding="base64">
    IE5ldHdvcmsgQW5hbHlzdCBJSQ==
    </value>

    ->ldapsearch -u -h HSCNW7 -p 389 -s "subtree" -b "o=mybase"
    "(objectclass=person)" > test_data.ldif

    sample result:
    title= Network Analyst II

    I just need to get the XML into a readable format, any ideas?

    thanks
    woody

    , May 16, 2005