lucene problem

gk

How to use lucene ?

i have seen the documentation still i am not clear.

what i have understood is,

1) i have to have a text file..first.

2) I need to make an index file out of it.

3) i have to search for keywords from the index file.

can you please give me an working example , about how to make an index
file and how to use it for searching ?

thank you

Chris Uppal

gk said:
can you please give me an working example , about how to make an index
file and how to use it for searching ?

What do you need that:

http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/demo.html

plus the source of the demo applications:

<lucene>/src/demo/org/apache/lucene/demo/IndexFiles.java
<lucene>/src/demo/org/apache/lucene/demo/SearchFiles.java

doesn't give you ?

(Replace <lucene> in the above by the location where you've unpacked the
downloaded source, or replace it with:
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/lucene/java/trunk/
to find it on the Web.)

-- chris