Lunge crowd, kill file

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by robic0, Nov 19, 2005.

  1. robic0

    robic0 Guest

    Thinking about newsgroup kill files I had some thoughts.
    In neophyte groups (like this) where those that live by
    the creed that they are in the expert group (debateable)
    prey upon the new either poster and/or to Perl neo's,
    will lunge. The stupider the question, the more the "lunge".
    Bad English? Hey, more lunge. The reply is not for the
    OP's benifit, the propensity to reply is based on the
    aggregate "lunge" and proximity. There is usually a
    small minority of enthusiast's who read through the
    OP's fopa's to answer their question. Funny how that is.
    The majority of the "lungers" oh just passs that by.

    Then theres me... A hard assed motherfucker, drinkin,
    swearin, fuckin, seen all this bullshit before who says
    it like it is to the OP who will post code and read
    through the fopa's (that I don't give a rats ass about).
    I'm writing Perl 60 hrs/week and I crank on it. My
    interests are technique and some style.

    I put these "lungers" in thier place and I end up on their
    kill files. Thats the way I want it! I crawle up
    thier asses and put them in thier place. The OP's
    "lunge victim" can now see them in context, and
    get good solutions to thier problem.

    The only good solution to OP's questions are actual
    code snip's and recommendations to other code.
    Outside of those kinds of recommendations in this group
    give a orgasm to the "lunge" crowd.

    The names of the "LUNGE" crowd are:

    (if you don't fill this in, I will!!!)

    robic0, Nov 19, 2005

  2. robic0

    Guest

    robic0 wrote:
    > [profane and irrational rant]

    It's too bad that I'm stuck with Google Groups most of the time
    (because of restrictive firewalls and unsympathetic IT admins). GG
    doesn't have killfiles, so I can't killfile you. I would if I could,
    but I'll just have to remember you handle and not bother in the future.

    FWIW, I've never seen an instance where someone made a post which
    conformed to the fairly simple and straightforward posting guidelines
    that was treated in a harsh fashion. New visitors who make bad posts
    are usually directed to the guidelines (the direction may be terse, but
    not rude).

    Those who participate in the group according to the posting guidelines
    usually receive timely and expert help for free.

    Oh, by the way - I cannot killfile you in GG, but I do request that you
    killfile me.

    , Nov 20, 2005

  3. robic0

    Matt Garrish Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > robic0 wrote:
    >> [profane and irrational rant]

    > It's too bad that I'm stuck with Google Groups most of the time
    > (because of restrictive firewalls and unsympathetic IT admins). GG
    > doesn't have killfiles, so I can't killfile you. I would if I could,
    > but I'll just have to remember you handle and not bother in the future.

    He's bad; he's nationwide... but everyone stopped listening to his juvenile
    rants long ago and so he's taking the Xah Lee / Purl Gurl route to try and
    relieve some of his boredom in life. Feed at your own risk...

    Matt

    Matt Garrish, Nov 20, 2005
  4. robic0

    robic0 Guest

    On 19 Nov 2005 16:08:38 -0800, wrote:
    Perhaps this top-posting will do. I will not killfile you
    David, I will not give me the pleasure. Its painfull to
    write code all the time and I want to make sure you get
    any help necessary to keep you on track to be a life-long
    writer like me.... dude!

    robic0, Nov 23, 2005