LWP authentication on asp page

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by yerman, Mar 24, 2005.

  1. yerman

    yerman Guest

    Hi!

    I've developed a little perl program using the module LWP to download
    italian stock pages, to make real time statistics.
    To get these data I need to authenticate on an asp page.
    The authentication is made at session level, so I need to authenticate
    in the same program in which I download. I've tried many methods
    depending on LWP, including authorization_basic, $ua->credentials,
    Mechanize, but without result.
    For sure there is no policy block by the webserver.
    The data are publicly available, after authentication, provided that
    they are for personal use only.
    So it's only a technical problem. I missed something, but I don't know
    what!

    Rather than list my failed tries, probably it's better to give to you
    the infos to check it.

    Login page is http://du.ilsole24ore.com/du/login.aspx

    After login, the page I should download is:
    http://www.24oreborsaonline.ilsole24ore.com/fc?sezId=10026&cmd=miafinanza&page=ListinoPersonale

    My account for testing is: username='yer', password='man'.
    You can directly use it, to see if your solution works.

    Any help GREATLY, HUGELY appreciated !

    Thank You

    Yerman
    yerman, Mar 24, 2005

  2. yerman <> wrote:

    > To get these data I need to authenticate on an asp page.

    > I missed something, but I don't know
    > what!

    Maybe this will reveal what you've missed:

    Web Scraping Proxy

    http://www.research.att.com/~hpk/wsp/

    > My account for testing is: username='yer', password='man'.
    > You can directly use it, to see if your solution works.

    I cannot get logged in using those values...

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming
    Tad McClellan, Mar 24, 2005