LWP & HTTPS problem

Andy Parris

Hi,
I'm trying to use LWP to download a file from the net. The site is
secure so I need to use https.

the script can download http fine, but not https.

I've installed the Crypt-SSLeay module
I've managed to locate and download the SSLeay32.dll and libeay32.dll
modules and I've copied them into \winnt\system32 (I'm on NT4)

The script obviously needs these 2 dll's because if they are not there I
get an error message asking for them. If the are then the script just
returns :unknown error :unknown error

Any ideas anyone? TIA

ko

Andy said:
Hi,
I'm trying to use LWP to download a file from the net. The site is
secure so I need to use https.

the script can download http fine, but not https.

I've installed the Crypt-SSLeay module
I've managed to locate and download the SSLeay32.dll and libeay32.dll
modules and I've copied them into \winnt\system32 (I'm on NT4)

The script obviously needs these 2 dll's because if they are not there I
get an error message asking for them. If the are then the script just
returns :unknown error :unknown error

Any ideas anyone? TIA

Put them in the bin subdirectory of your Perl installation, typically
c:/perl/bin/

If you still have problems (assuming your using ActiveState), add either

http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/ - 5.8xx
http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppmpackages/ - 5.6xx

to your list of package repositories and install. During installation
the .dlls are also installed.

HTH - keith