    Looks like i have to go to CPAN to get the module...
    thanks
    , May 10, 2005

  2. Anno Siegel Guest

    <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
    > hi
    > i downloaded perl5.8 from the Sunfreeware website
    > but after installing the package , i can't seem to find LWP module.
    > Doesn't LWP come bundled in perl5.8 package for the solaris sparc 9
    > platform?
    > Looks like i have to go to CPAN to get the module...

    Yes.

    You can check that for yourself through "perldoc perlmodlib". That
    displays all the standard modules that come with Perl. You'll find
    that LWP is not among them.

    Anno
    Anno Siegel, May 10, 2005

  3. Sisyphus Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > hi
    > i downloaded perl5.8 from the Sunfreeware website
    > but after installing the package , i can't seem to find LWP module.
    > Doesn't LWP come bundled in perl5.8 package for the solaris sparc 9
    > platform?

    If it's not there then it doesn't come bundled in the package. LWP is not
    part of the perl core, so it's not unreasonable that a pre-compiled perl
    package doesn't include LWP. (I think ActiveState provides a perl build for
    solaris - that probably *does* include LWP, as some of the LWP modules are
    required for the ppm utility.)

    > Looks like i have to go to CPAN to get the module...

    Yep.

    Cheers,
    Rob
    Sisyphus, May 10, 2005

    thanks
    LWP is a useful module so i was puzzled when i didn't see it in the
    perl 5.8 libraries...
    so i came here to confirm with the group.
    , May 11, 2005