MAC and ASP

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by r14edge, May 4, 2005.

  1. r14edge

    r14edge Guest

    Hi,

    I recently develop a questionnaire for our employees to answer in their
    homes. For some reason, the questionnaire is working perfectly in the PC
    world, but not in the MAC world. Some MAC users using the MSIE browser, are
    unable to complete the survey, while some other have no difficulties at all.

    At first, I thought it might be a problem with the response.redirect
    method, but it came to me that it might be a memory problem that makes the
    MSIE to crash.

    I'm having a hard time to pinpoint what the problem might be and I would
    like to know if their has been any problem in the past involving ASP and
    MAC? And if somebody can help finding the problem, I will gratefully
    appreciate.

    Thank you for your answer and for your help,

    r14edge

    r14edge, May 4, 2005

  2. r14edge

    Evertjan. Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?cjE0ZWRnZQ==?= wrote on 04 mei 2005 in

    > I recently develop a questionnaire for our employees to answer in
    > their
    > homes. For some reason, the questionnaire is working perfectly in the
    > PC world, but not in the MAC world. Some MAC users using the MSIE
    > browser, are unable to complete the survey, while some other have no
    > difficulties at all.
    >
    > At first, I thought it might be a problem with the response.redirect
    > method, but it came to me that it might be a memory problem that makes
    > the MSIE to crash.
    >
    > I'm having a hard time to pinpoint what the problem might be and I
    > would like to know if their has been any problem in the past
    > involving ASP and MAC? And if somebody can help finding the problem,
    > I will gratefully appreciate.
    >
    > Thank you for your answer and for your help,

    As ASP runs only serverside, and renders a HTML output that is
    independent on the clientside browser, Your reason for blaming ASP for
    any browser problem seems improbable.

    However the solution is in the debugging.

    So please compare a view source of the renered html of both situations.

    And tell us if there are any differences.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., May 4, 2005

  3. there is one known issues with mac versions of IE

    read the very bottom
    http://www.powerasp.com/content/hintstips/asp-forms.asp

    Kyle Peterson, May 4, 2005
  4. Kyle Peterson wrote:
    > there is one known issues with mac versions of IE
    >
    > read the very bottom
    > http://www.powerasp.com/content/hintstips/asp-forms.asp

    I don't see why anyone should care whether the Mac IE supports METHOD="put",
    since PUT is not a valid form method under HTML 4 anyway (or 3.2 for that
    matter):
    http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html#adef-method
    http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html32-19970114#form

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, May 4, 2005
  5. It may not be menitoned there but "Put" was used a lot in the early days of
    the web.
    If you do enough research and look around enough you will see a lot of
    internet articles mentioning it and older scripts still using it. That
    includes ASP scripts.

    It is something to be aware of.

    Kyle Peterson, May 4, 2005