Mac C compiler

Xatapu

Hello. I am currently learning to write C on an 80386 PC (with Turbo
C), but I would also like to write C code on a 68k (68000) Mac SE
running System 6.0.8. Are there any (preferably, free) compilers that
you may know of that will work with it? Thanks.

Jack Klein

Hello. I am currently learning to write C on an 80386 PC (with Turbo
C), but I would also like to write C code on a 68k (68000) Mac SE
running System 6.0.8. Are there any (preferably, free) compilers that
you may know of that will work with it? Thanks.

http://www.google.com

I typed in the following: C compiler "Mac SE". The search results
were impressive, the very first on seemed likely to be extremely
relevant.

SM Ryan

# Hello. I am currently learning to write C on an 80386 PC (with Turbo
# C), but I would also like to write C code on a 68k (68000) Mac SE
# running System 6.0.8. Are there any (preferably, free) compilers that
# you may know of that will work with it? Thanks.

I don't know if CodeWarrior is still available for 68K. Otherwise you
need to get MPW (Mac Programmer's Workbench) and its C compiler. I'm
pretty sure Apple gives away MPW for the price of an FTP download,
but it might take some hunting.

Unless you've worked with System 6, it's going to be hard to program on,
and you're unlikely to find a lot of help to do so.

Xatapu

SM said:
# Hello. I am currently learning to write C on an 80386 PC (with Turbo
# C), but I would also like to write C code on a 68k (68000) Mac SE
# running System 6.0.8. Are there any (preferably, free) compilers that
# you may know of that will work with it? Thanks.

I don't know if CodeWarrior is still available for 68K. Otherwise you
need to get MPW (Mac Programmer's Workbench) and its C compiler. I'm
pretty sure Apple gives away MPW for the price of an FTP download,
but it might take some hunting.

Unless you've worked with System 6, it's going to be hard to program on,
and you're unlikely to find a lot of help to do so.

Thanks for the information. However, do you know where I could find a
copy of MPW for System 6? Also, is there a place I might be able to get
older versions THINK C (a Symantec product) from?

Xatapu

Xatapu said:
Thanks for the information. However, do you know where I could find a
copy of MPW for System 6 (Not 7, 8, or 9)? Does Apple still have downloads of early versions of MPW? Also, is there a place I might be able to get
older versions of THINK C (a Symantec product) from?

SM Ryan

#
# SM Ryan wrote:
# > # Hello. I am currently learning to write C on an 80386 PC (with Turbo
# > # C), but I would also like to write C code on a 68k (68000) Mac SE
# > # running System 6.0.8. Are there any (preferably, free) compilers that
# > # you may know of that will work with it? Thanks.
# >
# > I don't know if CodeWarrior is still available for 68K. Otherwise you
# > need to get MPW (Mac Programmer's Workbench) and its C compiler. I'm
# > pretty sure Apple gives away MPW for the price of an FTP download,
# > but it might take some hunting.
# >
# > Unless you've worked with System 6, it's going to be hard to program on,
# > and you're unlikely to find a lot of help to do so.
# >
# > --
# > SM Ryan http://www.rawbw.com/~wyrmwif/
# > What kind of convenience store do you run here?
#
# Thanks for the information. However, do you know where I could find a
# copy of MPW for System 6? Also, is there a place I might be able to get

http://developer.apple.com/tools/mpw-tools/

I never developed on System 6, so I don't know how well it will work.
You might need to use Multi-Finder. I think Apple also provides System
7 free up to about 7.2. I think it's only 7.5 and later that you have
to pay for.

# older versions THINK C (a Symantec product) from?

Forgot about ThinkC. I'm not sure which of these products are still
available for sale or free.