    for "mac ie ternary operator" doesn't return anything helpful.

    Cheers,

    -- Bob Gregory

    Bob Gregory, Oct 27, 2004

  2. Bob Gregory

    Philip Ronan Guest

    Bob Gregory wrote:

    > javascript:alert(true?"Yes":"No");

    Works OK for me. (IE 5.1/Mac)

    --
    Philip Ronan

    Philip Ronan, Oct 27, 2004

  3. Bob Gregory

    Fred Oz Guest

    Bob Gregory wrote:
    [snip]
    > I asked him to check that javascript:alert(true?"Yes":"No"); gave an
    > alert when pasted into the address bar and he's reported that it does
    > not.

    Gives an alert with "Yes"

    > javascript:alert("someString"); works quite happily.

    Gives an alert with "someString"

    Tested in IE for Mac 5.2.2 (5010.1)

    Fred.

    Fred Oz, Oct 27, 2004
  4. Bob Gregory

    Bob Gregory Guest

    Hmmm, cheers for the help on this one. I contacted my colleague again
    to get a version number and, in his words: "We've recently run the Mac
    Software update and it's updated the OS as well as lots of other
    stuff. Whatever has happened, it's now bloody working so we may never
    know what happened."

    So I can't nail this down to a single version of /anything/, but it's
    something to keep an eye out for.

    Cheers,

    -- Bob Gregory

    Bob Gregory, Oct 28, 2004
  5. Bob Gregory

    Ian Sedwell Guest

    Hi Bob

    I've just tried it on MSIE 5.2.2 on MacOS 10.2.8 and
    "javascript:alert(true?"Yes":"No")" works just fine.

    Maybe if you posted more of the code segment that is giving the grief?

    All the best

    Ian

    On 2004/10/27 12:52, in article
    , "Bob Gregory"