Mac IE ternary operator?

Bob Gregory

Hi all,

I don't actually have a mac with which to test this, but I'm informed
by a colleague that one of my scripts has failed in IE on the Mac;
endless twiddling seems to point to the ternary operator as culprit.

I asked him to check that javascript:alert(true?"Yes":"No"); gave an
alert when pasted into the address bar and he's reported that it does
not.
javascript:alert("someString"); works quite happily.

Can anyone confirm this bug or help narrow it to a single version? It
seems a fairly large bug to have gone so under-reported, gooooogling
for "mac ie ternary operator" doesn't return anything helpful.

Cheers,

-- Bob Gregory

Fred Oz

Bob Gregory wrote:
[snip]
I asked him to check that javascript:alert(true?"Yes":"No"); gave an
alert when pasted into the address bar and he's reported that it does
not.

Gives an alert with "Yes"
javascript:alert("someString"); works quite happily.

Gives an alert with "someString"

Tested in IE for Mac 5.2.2 (5010.1)

Fred.

Bob Gregory

Hmmm, cheers for the help on this one. I contacted my colleague again
to get a version number and, in his words: "We've recently run the Mac
Software update and it's updated the OS as well as lots of other
stuff. Whatever has happened, it's now bloody working so we may never
know what happened."

So I can't nail this down to a single version of /anything/, but it's
something to keep an eye out for.

Cheers,

-- Bob Gregory

Ian Sedwell

Hi Bob

I've just tried it on MSIE 5.2.2 on MacOS 10.2.8 and
"javascript:alert(true?"Yes":"No")" works just fine.

Maybe if you posted more of the code segment that is giving the grief?

All the best

Ian