Mac Mail .emlx format

Chris Duncan

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to write a Ruby script that needs to convert mail messages
from Mac Mail .emlx proprietary format to mbox format. I found an
emlx-to-mbox converter, but I'd really like a Ruby library to do the
same job in an integrated way with my Ruby script. Has anyone done
anything like this before in Ruby? Any help would be gratefully
received.

Documentation from Apple about .emlx seems to be in short supply.

Regards,

Chris
http://rotsog.wordpress.com

Dale Martenson

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to write a Ruby script that needs to convert mail messages
from Mac Mail .emlx proprietary format to mbox format. I found an
emlx-to-mbox converter, but I'd really like a Ruby library to do the
same job in an integrated way with my Ruby script. Has anyone done
anything like this before in Ruby? Any help would be gratefully
received.

Documentation from Apple about .emlx seems to be in short supply.

Using Google's Code Search, I found:

http://www.google.com/codesearch?hl.../emlx2mbox.zip&cs_f=emlx2mbox/emlx2mbox.rb#a0

which lead me to:

http://www.vengefulcow.com/emlx2mbox/