    text at all!
    Do I have to make some preparation at first under MAC...or not?

    , Jul 15, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    wrote:

    > Hi guys,
    > can anyone help me to solve this issue:
    > I use JLabel and JButton and I want to have newline in the text I put
    > in them. So I use the swing html rendering machine - you know put
    > but when I compile my application and run it under MAC OS X (version
    > 10.2.9 - panther and 1.4.1 JVM ) something goes wrong - the text is
    > just disappeared. It is shown only blank JLabel and JButton without any
    > text at all!
    > Do I have to make some preparation at first under MAC...or not?

    It's not "MAC" but "Mac", short for Macintosh. You should refer to a
    Mac and to Mac OS X. Also, 10.2.8 was the last version of Jaguar, while
    10.3.9 was the last release of Panther. I'll assume you mean the latter
    in your post.

    What does the HTML text look like? I maintain an app for Windows and
    Linux that I periodically put onto my Mac and work with in preparation
    for an eventual release for Mac OS X. It's got a small number of
    JButtons that use HTML for their text (for the same reason you mention,
    wanting to use multiple lines). Back when I ran Panther with Java 1.4,
    it worked fine there. I'm now running Tiger (10.4.2) and it's still
    working. Perhaps your HTML isn't correct?

    = Steve =
    --
    Steve W. Jackson
    Montgomery, Alabama