MAC OS + SWING + HTML

LStoev

Hi guys,
can anyone help me to solve this issue:
I use JLabel and JButton and I want to have newline in the text I put
in them. So I use the swing html rendering machine - you know put
but when I compile my application and run it under MAC OS X (version
10.2.9 - panther and 1.4.1 JVM ) something goes wrong - the text is
just disappeared. It is shown only blank JLabel and JButton without any
text at all!
Do I have to make some preparation at first under MAC...or not?

Steve W. Jackson

Hi guys,
can anyone help me to solve this issue:
I use JLabel and JButton and I want to have newline in the text I put
in them. So I use the swing html rendering machine - you know put
but when I compile my application and run it under MAC OS X (version
10.2.9 - panther and 1.4.1 JVM ) something goes wrong - the text is
just disappeared. It is shown only blank JLabel and JButton without any
text at all!
Do I have to make some preparation at first under MAC...or not?

It's not "MAC" but "Mac", short for Macintosh. You should refer to a
Mac and to Mac OS X. Also, 10.2.8 was the last version of Jaguar, while
10.3.9 was the last release of Panther. I'll assume you mean the latter
in your post.

What does the HTML text look like? I maintain an app for Windows and
Linux that I periodically put onto my Mac and work with in preparation
for an eventual release for Mac OS X. It's got a small number of
JButtons that use HTML for their text (for the same reason you mention,
wanting to use multiple lines). Back when I ran Panther with Java 1.4,
it worked fine there. I'm now running Tiger (10.4.2) and it's still
working. Perhaps your HTML isn't correct?

= Steve =