    Could someone please tell me where and how to get IDLE_fork to use Safari
    (1.0)?

    JH
    Joe Heafner, Jul 15, 2003

  2. Joe Heafner

    Don Hiatt Guest

    Joe Heafner <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi.
    > I'm running Mac OS X (10.2.6), Fink 0.5.3, Python2.2 and all requisite
    > Could someone please tell me where and how to get IDLE_fork to use Safari
    > (1.0)?

    You can change your default web browser to Safari using the preferences
    pane (under internet, I believe). If IDLE_fork uses the default browser
    property then Safari should launch.

    Cheers,

    don
    Don Hiatt, Jul 15, 2003

  3. Joe Heafner

    Joe Heafner Guest

    Don Hiatt <> wrote:
    > You can change your default web browser to Safari using the preferences
    > pane (under internet, I believe). If IDLE_fork uses the default browser
    > property then Safari should launch.

    Hi.
    I just double checked and Safari is indeed my system default under System
    Preferences -> Internet -> Web. There's no mention of Safari in
    webbrowser.py though.

    JH
    Joe Heafner, Jul 15, 2003
  4. Joe Heafner <> writes:

    > Don Hiatt <> wrote:
    > > You can change your default web browser to Safari using the preferences
    > > pane (under internet, I believe). If IDLE_fork uses the default browser
    > > property then Safari should launch.
    > >

    > Hi.
    > I just double checked and Safari is indeed my system default under System
    > Preferences -> Internet -> Web. There's no mention of Safari in
    > webbrowser.py though.

    IIRC, webbrowser.py uses internet config on the mac, so you certainly
    should get the default browser. I've had trouble getting with
    webrowser.py on Mac OS X before now, though, but I didn't dig.

    Cheers,
    M.

    --
    Academic politics is the most vicious and bitter form of politics,
    because the stakes are so low. -- Wallace Sayre
    Michael Hudson, Jul 17, 2003
  5. Joe Heafner

    Joe Heafner Guest

    Michael Hudson <> wrote:
    > IIRC, webbrowser.py uses internet config on the mac, so you certainly
    > should get the default browser. I've had trouble getting with
    > webrowser.py on Mac OS X before now, though, but I didn't dig.

    I have the file webbrowser.py in two places, one with the python that
    ships with OS X and one with Fink's Python22 and they're virtually
    identical. I'm lost as to what to do.

    JH
    Joe Heafner, Jul 18, 2003