[Mac OS X] How to create double-clickable Python scripts

Markus

Hello,

I've written a couple of Python scripts on OS X that I would like to
start from the Finder by doing a double-click on them. I guess I have to
create a Package.

Does anybody know an easy way to create such a package? Or where can I
find more information about how to do this manually?

Thanks,

Mark

Glenn Andreas

Markus <[email protected]> said:
Hello,

I've written a couple of Python scripts on OS X that I would like to
start from the Finder by doing a double-click on them. I guess I have to
create a Package.

Does anybody know an easy way to create such a package? Or where can I
find more information about how to do this manually?

If all you want to do is make a simple script that does nothing more
than standard input/output, you can use PyOXIDE's "Build Consolet"
command to make a simple little "console applet".
<http://projects.gandreas.com/pyoxide>

If you want a full blown UI, you'll probably want to use PyObjC and
bundlebuilder to actually make the final app.

Mark

Glenn said:
If all you want to do is make a simple script that does nothing more
than standard input/output, you can use PyOXIDE's "Build Consolet"
command to make a simple little "console applet".
<http://projects.gandreas.com/pyoxide>

If you want a full blown UI, you'll probably want to use PyObjC and
bundlebuilder to actually make the final app.

Thanks Glenn!

PyOSIDE is exactly what I was looking for. And it's a nice Python IDE
for Mac OS X as well... ;-)

-- Mark