    What do you recommend?

    Thanks,
    Plato
    Plato, Oct 29, 2003

  2. Plato

    Brett Guest

    1st mistake: switching to mac
    2nd mistake: WYSIWYG editor
    3rd mistake: wanting something like frontpage

    Well, with that said...I hear dreamweaver is about the best you'll get for a
    wysiwyg.
    --
    Brett
    Provision Tech

    Brett, Oct 29, 2003

  3. Brett wrote:

    > 1st mistake: switching to mac

    Not a mistake. I haven't regretted it for a second. You're not wrong about
    the WYSIWY(don't really)G being a bad idea though.

    --
    David Dorward http://dorward.me.uk/
    David Dorward, Oct 29, 2003
  4. Plato

    Jim Royal Guest

    In article <>, Plato
    <> wrote:

    > I am currently switching from a PC to Mac and would like some
    > recommendations for an HTML editor.

    Congratulations. Web development on Mac OS X is a breath of fresh air.

    For myself, I prefer not to use graphical editors. I use BBEdit
    (http://www.barebones.com/), which is a top-notch text-based editor.

    Dreamweaver is a good package, although the current version is
    reportedly a bit pokey. You might also want to check out Adobe GoLive.
    The new version apparently is very comprehensive.

    There are also a variety of smaller HTML editors for Mac OS. For
    example, these folks (http://www.westciv.com/) have a pair of
    inexpensive graphic web layout and style sheet editors that are reputed
    to be very good.

    I have also heard good things about PageSpinner
    (http://www.optima-system.com/pagespinner/).

    You might also want to do some searched at the following sites:

    http://www.versiontracker.com/macosx/

    http://www.macupdate.com/

    --
    Jim Royal