Mac OSx html editor recommendation

Plato

Hello,
I am currently switching from a PC to Mac and would like some
recommendations for an HTML editor. I currently use FrontPage 2000 on
my PC. I need to create static HTML pages, nothing too fancy. I
would like something that allows WYSIWYG editing, as well as the
ability to edit HTML and preview the actual page (much like Front
Page).

What do you recommend?

Thanks,
Plato

Brett

1st mistake: switching to mac
2nd mistake: WYSIWYG editor
3rd mistake: wanting something like frontpage

Well, with that said...I hear dreamweaver is about the best you'll get for a
wysiwyg.

David Dorward

Brett said:
1st mistake: switching to mac

Not a mistake. I haven't regretted it for a second. You're not wrong about
the WYSIWY(don't really)G being a bad idea though.

Jim Royal

Plato said:
I am currently switching from a PC to Mac and would like some
recommendations for an HTML editor.

Congratulations. Web development on Mac OS X is a breath of fresh air.

For myself, I prefer not to use graphical editors. I use BBEdit
(http://www.barebones.com/), which is a top-notch text-based editor.

Dreamweaver is a good package, although the current version is
reportedly a bit pokey. You might also want to check out Adobe GoLive.
The new version apparently is very comprehensive.

There are also a variety of smaller HTML editors for Mac OS. For
example, these folks (http://www.westciv.com/) have a pair of
inexpensive graphic web layout and style sheet editors that are reputed
to be very good.

I have also heard good things about PageSpinner
(http://www.optima-system.com/pagespinner/).

You might also want to do some searched at the following sites:

http://www.versiontracker.com/macosx/

http://www.macupdate.com/