    I had previously used floats and it was very buggy. Now I have used
    positioning and I hope that should have fixed it. Thanks in advance.

    Christopher

    Christopher Richards, Oct 14, 2004

  2. Christopher Richards

    Jim Royal Guest

    In article <9Sxbd.4519$>, Christopher
    Richards <> wrote:

    > I don't have a Mac so would someone who has a Mac (and OS9 and IE 5.2)
    > please see if this site displays OK?
    >
    > http://www.easydesktopyoga.com

    It displays pretty much identically in Safari, IE 5.2, and Mozilla.

    However, in all cases, there is a large amount of white space after
    that end of the text of the page. The text scrolls almost all the way
    off the top.

    --
    Jim Royal
    "Understanding is a three-edged sword"

    Jim Royal, Oct 14, 2004

  3. Christopher Richards

    rf Guest

    Christopher Richards wrote:

    > http://www.easydesktopyoga.com

    > I had previously used floats and it was very buggy. Now I have used
    > positioning and I hope that should have fixed it. Thanks in advance.

    Not a mac but FWIW this is what happens when you use absolute positioning:
    http://users.bigpond.net.au/rf/easy.jpg

    Float IMHO is a superior way to go. It gives the browser more control over
    the layout. It is, after all, the user who ultimately sets the font size and
    the browser that is doing the final layout, not the author :)

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Oct 15, 2004
  4. "Jim Royal" <> wrote in message
    > In article <9Sxbd.4519$>, Christopher
    > Richards <> wrote:
    >
    >> I don't have a Mac so would someone who has a Mac (and OS9 and IE 5.2)
    >> please see if this site displays OK?
    >>
    >> http://www.easydesktopyoga.com

    > It displays pretty much identically in Safari, IE 5.2, and Mozilla.
    >
    > However, in all cases, there is a large amount of white space after
    > that end of the text of the page. The text scrolls almost all the way
    > off the top.
    >
    > --
    > Jim Royal
    > "Understanding is a three-edged sword"
    > http://JimRoyal.com

    Thanks much for pointing out the huge container size. I'll fix it. I'm glad
    it works.

    Christopher Richards, Oct 15, 2004
  5. "rf" <rf@.invalid> wrote in message
    > Christopher Richards wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.easydesktopyoga.com

    >> I had previously used floats and it was very buggy. Now I have used
    >> positioning and I hope that should have fixed it. Thanks in advance.

    > Not a mac but FWIW this is what happens when you use absolute positioning:
    > http://users.bigpond.net.au/rf/easy.jpg
    >
    > Float IMHO is a superior way to go. It gives the browser more control over
    > the layout. It is, after all, the user who ultimately sets the font size
    > and
    > the browser that is doing the final layout, not the author :)
    >
    > --
    > Cheers
    > Richard.

    Yikes! What a mess. Thanks. If I put floats in, then it displays even worse
    in IE 5.2 on the Mac.

    Christopher Richards, Oct 15, 2004
  6. Christopher Richards

    rf Guest

    Christopher Richards

    > > Not a mac but FWIW this is what happens when you use absolute

    positioning:
    > > http://users.bigpond.net.au/rf/easy.jpg

    Forgot to mention that this happens when I make my font larger. You should
    always test with the extremes of font size, as well as other extremes, like
    canvas size (very large and very small).

    > Yikes! What a mess. Thanks. If I put floats in, then it displays even

    worse
    > in IE 5.2 on the Mac.

    IE5.x in any incarnation has problems with floats and stuff, due to its
    broken box model.

    Sometimes you have to stick in the occasional div to seperate things and to
    work around the box model bugs.

    Whack up a test page using float and perhaps somebody (not I, I don't use
    macs) may be able to point to the relevant hack to fix your problems.

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Oct 15, 2004