    Or the IIS

    Thank
    Daniel
    =?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVs?=, Jan 18, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVs?=

    yj Guest

    Re: If I change something in machine.config files or in web.config is it
    necessary
    to restart the computer?
    Or the IIS?

    - - - -

    No. The next time the web app takes off (or someone starts a new session) all
    the new configuration parameters will be invoked.

    That's the beauty of using XML config files. There is no need to recompile your
    apps or to stop/restart your server.

    - - Jerry Bucknoff
    http://www.setfocus.com/recruiting/profile/print.asp?CID=40306>
    yj, Jan 18, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVs?=

    Hermit Dave Guest

    Elaborating Jerry's point...
    if you change you machine.config.. you dont need to restart iis... but next
    request will cause all the applications (asp.net applications on that
    machine) to restart...
    if you change web.config for a particular app... it will restart that app...

    --
    Regards,
    HD

    Hermit Dave, Jan 18, 2004