Machine Debug Problem

Buz Waitz

When I try debugging a VB windows app in Visual Studio.Net I get the error,
"Error whle trying to run project: Unable to start debugging. The Machine
Debug Manager service is disabled."

Help?

Jacob Yang [MSFT]

Hi Buz,

Thank you for posting to the MSDN newsgroups.

Please try the following steps. Basically we are going to set this service
to start automatically.

1. Go to Start -> Settings -> Control Panel
2. In the Control Panel click on "Administrative Tools"
3. In Administrative Tools click on "Services"
4. This will bring up the Services Manager Window
5. Scroll down the list until you see the entry for "Machine Debug Manager"
6. Right click on this entry and come down to Properties
7. In the "Machine Debug Manager Properties" Window, Click on the "General"
tab
8. On this tab there is a drop down option next to "Startup Type:"
9. From this drop down menu select "Automatic" instead of "Disabled" this
will cause this service to start when the operating system boots up
10. Reboot your machine and then try to debug again.

In addition, please post windows form debugging problems in the following
newsgroups in the future. Thank you for your understanding.

microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.windowsforms
microsoft.public.vsnet.debugging

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Jacob Yang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Buz Waitz

Thanks Jacob. It worked beautifully. And I will follow your instructions
for future posts on debugging.