machine-independant bench

Discussion in 'Python' started by =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Tarek_Ziad=E9?=, Oct 15, 2005.

  1. Hi list,

    I am trying to code some utilities to bench code performances,
    machine-independant,
    to be able to measure the absolute cost of a piece of code.

    So i came up with the pystone idea (i've been told too in fact ;)).

    so I just run pystones on the test machines and use it as a ratio over
    code performance measurement. This is pretty good, but the major caveat
    is that if the CPU is busy
    , it can be slower than expected.

    So i've introduced a tolerance flag, (another approach than the three
    times run like hotshot does).

    Any comment ?

    Any alternatives to pystone in mind ?

    Tarek

    --
    Tarek Ziadé | Nuxeo R&D (Paris, France)
    CPS Plateform : http://www.cps-project.org
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Tarek_Ziad=E9?=, Oct 15, 2005