Machine Name Change slows ODBC link intolerably

reclusive.monkey

Hello Everyone,

I have had an ODBC link between Access and Oracle at work for some time
now which has worked without problem. The other day, one of our
technicians came to change the name of my machine. Despite my best
efforts, I could not keep him off my machine and sure enough, my ODBC
linking to Oracle is now incredibly slow. I've tried deleting the
Microsoft Oracle ODBC DSN, but to no avail. I know this is the
inetserver.asp group but the only results for a machine name change
came up
in this group, I am presuming the principal is the same. Can anyone
tell me the full procedure to re-establish my working link? Thanks.

P.S. I work for a local council, so I can't ask anyone here. I have had
to explain file permissions to a Network Manager before... :-(