MachineKey

Guest

Are there any built in ways to read the MachineKey attributes from the
machine.config?

Thanks.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Stech,

As for the machinekey you mentioned, it is by default set as "AutoGenerate"
and can be override in web application's web.config file.

#<machineKey> Element
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpgenref/html/gngrfMachineKeySection
.asp?frame=true

However, there is no buildin means to read its value and if we want to
specify a custom value, we need to create a certain key pair for it . Here
is a kb article mentioned creating custom machinekey value:

#How to create keys by using Visual C# .NET for use in Forms authentication
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312906

Hope helps. Thanks.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Stech,

Have you had a chance to check the things in my last reply or have you got
any further progresses on this issue? If there 're anything else we can
help, please feel free to post here. Thanks.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Stech,

Thanks for your followup. It's a pleasure to help you.
Have a good day!