MACRO exclusion

karthik.naig

Hi,

I am porting some code and I need to exclude all macros defined with
__STDC__ . How do I do this using gcc?? Is there any change I can make
in the makefile?

Thanks and Regards,
Karthik.

Malcolm

I am porting some code and I need to exclude all macros defined with
__STDC__ . How do I do this using gcc?? Is there any change I can make
in the makefile?
#undef _STDC_
#include <filewithevilmacrosinit.h>

Mike Wahler

Hi,

I am porting some code and I need to exclude all macros defined with
__STDC__ . How do I do this using gcc?? Is there any change I can make
in the makefile?

Look up #undef

-Mike

Keith Thompson

I am porting some code and I need to exclude all macros defined with
__STDC__ . How do I do this using gcc?? Is there any change I can make
in the makefile?

What exactly do you mean by "all macros defined with __STDC__"? Can
you give some examples?

Malcolm

Keith Thompson said:
What exactly do you mean by "all macros defined with __STDC__"? Can
you give some examples?
I realised this after I had posted.
I'm not sure undefining the macro is the real answer.

Lawrence Kirby

I realised this after I had posted.
I'm not sure undefining the macro is the real answer.

That's difficult to say if you don't tell us the real question.

Lawrence